Experience - The Lecce Italian Language Experience
Whether you have already been to Italy or whether you are going for the first time, Baroque Lecce, the School of Italian for Foreigners and the unexplored south are waiting. A truly memorable experience in this amazing part of Italy is guaranteed.
But don't take my word for it - read the reviews.
At the heart of the Lecce Italian Language Experience is a four week program that will immerse you in the Italian language surrounded by the culture, history and culinary delights of Lecce and the Salento region of Puglia.
Bookings are currently being taken for the 2017 and 2018.
May 2017 is fully subscribed. Places will only be made available if there are cancellations.
September 2017. Only a few places are left. Book now.
January 2018. New for 2018. Learn Italian in Lecce in Winter.
The Lecce Italian Language Experience has been offered since 2012 and is held during the months of January, May and September. The program is intended for people who love Italy, and the Italian language. All levels of language proficiency are catered for - from beginners to advanced speakers.
What you get:
- 24 days of intensive language tuition at the School of Italian for Foreigners in Lecce
- Small classes with a maximum of 12 students
- Certificate of attendance
- The option of a formal exam and certificate of proficiency if you wish
- Guaranteed place at the school - no pre-test or deposit needed
- Day trips – to the Adriatic Coast, and the historic towns of Gallipoli, and Otranto.
- Accommodation in self-contained apartments in the historic old walled city of Lecce, or you have the option of homestay with a local family to maximize your Italian language experience
- 4 x three-hour cooking classes
- A maximum of 15 people in the group
- Experienced tour leader with local knowledge and experience
- Tour leader is bi-lingual and a native English speaker providing 24/7 support, assistance and advice
- Exclusive optional extras only available to tour participants
- An unforgettable experience in the Salento region of Italy
Where is Lecce
Lecce is in Puglia in the heel of Italy. The biggest nearby cities are the port cities of Brindisi, Bari and Taranto. It is a small city, which allows you to walk around easily. It is also the best starting point to discover the major tourist attractions and the most important historic sites in the Salento.
Lecce is the last stop on Italy’s main south-east Trenitalia railway line and all the major city destinations are accessible from Lecce. Nearby Brindisi and Bari have important regional airports that fly to major Italian cities as well as to many European destinations.
In Lecce the average temperature is about 13 degrees in winter, 20 in spring, 27 in summer, 21 in autumn. The mild climate allows you interesting and exciting excursions all year round. As part of the program we will take you to visit and discover historic cities, archaeological sites, beautiful beaches and coastlines, and small towns where ancient traditions still survive.