Experience - Michel’angelo Daily Caprese Cooking Classes
Michel’angelo Daily Caprese Cooking Classes
On the picturesque island of Capri, learn how to cook a traditional Caprese 3 course meal from a local Capri chef using recipes passed down through the family for generations. Our classes are for lovers of authentic Italian cooking who enjoy meeting others and who have a passion for all things Caprese! Participants can choose between 2 different classes held daily:
- Caprese Masterclass including a menu of Capri's most famous dishes starting with the light and refreshing Insalata Caprese with mozzarella di bufala, moving on to the preparation of cheese filled fresh pasta, Ravioli Caprese complete with a fresh cherry tomato sauce and finishing with the delicious chocolate and almond, Torta Caprese.
- Lemon Twist Masterclass including a menu of Capri's lemon infused dishes starting with the cheese filled fresh pasta Ravioli Capresewith lemon sauce or our mouth-watering Lemon Linguine and finishing with the delicious lemon Torta Caprese accompanied by a demonstration of how to make the celebrated lemon flavoured liqueur, Limoncello.
Classes are held every day starting at 9.30am or 4.00pm followed by lunch/dinner from 15 March until 30 December annually.
Classes are limited to a minimum of 2 and maximum of 10 people. Bookings are essential. Classes can be held in English and Italian.
€100 per person. Duration: 3-4 hours
Masterclass by Special Guest Food Blogger, Author and Cook, Paola Bacchia – September 2016 Only
Michel’angelo is very excited that Paola Bacchia - cookbook author, food blogger and cooking school teacher - will be running a one off series of cooking classes for Michel’angelo in September 2016. She will be cooking traditional dishes focusing on seafood and local produce from the island of Capri and the region of Campania, so you will be able to relive your Capri holiday and recreate them at home.
Italy on my Mind - Paola's blog - was voted Runner Up in the Italy Magazine Best Food Blog category in 2015 and winner in 2013. She has thousands of Instagram and Facebook followers and her cookbook “Italian Street Food” will be launched in October 2016.
Paola and Gianluca have devised delicious dishes for these very special masterclasses. Four-course menus will be selected from the following classic dishes, which will be shared at the end of the class:
• Marinated alici and/or crumbed mussels; or fried alici
• Octopus and potato salad; or fried Italian antipasti
• Tagliatelle Aumm Aumm; or mixed scialatielli
• Traditional chocolate Torta Caprese; or Torta Caprese a Limone
Join Paola at one of these strictly limited masterclasses and learn how to cook like a local Caprese.
The 5 classes will be held at 9.30am and followed by lunch on the below dates.
• Monday 5 September 2016
• Wednesday 7 September 2016
• Friday 9 September 2016
• Monday 12 September 2016
• Wednesday 14 September 2016
Price for each class is €130 per person. Classes are limited to a minimum of 3 and maximum of 10 people. Duration: 4 - 4.5 hours
Bookings are essential. Classes in English and Italian.
For more information, terms and conditions and our easy booking and payment form, go to www.caprimichelangelo.com
- Morning/afternoon tea;
- cooking demonstration and class participation;
- glass of wine;
- take home recipes;
- digital copies of photographs;
- explanation of history of each of the dishes.