Experience - Small-group tours: 'Farm-to-Table' or 'Food, Feste, & Funghi'
- 11 days/10 nights
- Attend a local sagra or festival
- Spend a morning with a truffle hunter
- Tour a working olive oil mill
- Meet & observe local artisans as they craft
- Experience the vibrancy of local market days
- Enjoy a hands-on cooking class learning to create authentic Tuscan specialties
- Learn all about the history, culture, traditions, and food production of Tuscany
- Meet with a variety of food specialists and get an insider’s look into family farms and local food producers
- Savor local specialties during our tasting excursions
- Indulge in multi-course dinners served with local wines
- Enjoy private tours of several farms, including organic wineries
- Sip delicious wines while taking in the amazing views of olive trees and grape vines
- Explore the incredible Tuscan countryside, its vineyards, small hilltop villages, and intimate, off-the-beaten path locations
- Small group sizes of only 10-12 guests
Our small-group escorted tours are a collection of exclusive out-of-the ordinary excursions and experiences designed for clients that want to immerse themselves in the culture and traditions of Italy. These itineraries are custom designed packages with all your details completely organized but with enough flexibility to allow us some spontaneity. We offer a selection of handpicked activities and special culinary events that offers the most genuine Italian experience for our guests.
These tours will take you through hilltop towns, quaint villages, and the picturesque countryside where you will experience one of the most important aspects of the Italian lifestyle – food and wine! You will have the opportunity to meet with farmers and producers, visit local artisans, and have plenty of “hands on” activities to not just see these beautiful regions, but to gain insider knowledge. We want you to “experience” Italy and to create special and lasting memories.
For example, our 'Food, Feste, and Funghi' tour this October is an extraordinarily unique food & wine tour that immerses you in the culture and traditions of Tuscany with farm visits and tasting excursions throughout the region. During this unique Tuscan adventure, we’ll immerse ourselves in an exploration of the culinary customs and delights of several important areas within Tuscany. We'll delve into the framework of authentic Tuscan culinary traditions, finding fresh ingredients at their source and discovering their heritage in the Italian kitchen.
This tour entails an in-depth exploration into the Tuscan lifestyle, methods of farming and wine making, as well as the production of olive oil, cured meats, cheese, honey and other types of food products typical to these areas of Tuscany. This special experience will not only deliver amazing meals in unforgettable settings, but also a chance to see and learn firsthand how Italy’s farmers, wine makers, and artisanal food purveyors make the most of this region’s fertile land.
We’ll celebrate everything that the fall harvest has to offer: Truffles, porcini mushrooms, olive oil, new wine, chestnuts and more. Attending a local sagra (Food festival), visiting a working olive mill, and participating in a truffle hunt are some of the many highlights that you will have a chance to experience.
Our small groups consist of no more than 12 guests with all guided tours, excursions, and activities completely organized and included, as well as all transfers, transportation, accommodations, and most meals throughout the trip. Our tours combine intimate locations with a great selection of unique activities and insider experiences. Tour Dates: October 13 – 23, 2017
Location available: Tuscany
Most small-group tours are almost completely inclusive
What's Not Included
Airfare, Travel insurance, Document fees, Anything not outlined in the itinerary.
Most tours are 11 days/10 nights
We also offer Day Tours