Experience - Taste of Rome & Amalfi Coast Tour
Discover Italy with one of our extraordinary food & wine “experiential” small-group tours. This unique 11-day tour to Rome & the Amalfi Coast features a collection of exclusive, out-of-the-ordinary excursions and experiences designed to immerse you in the culture and traditions of Italy.
Our small-group escorted tours are a collection of exclusive out-of-the ordinary excursions and experiences designed for clients that want to immerse themselves in the culture and traditions of Italy. These itineraries are custom designed packages with all your details completely organized but with enough flexibility to allow us some spontaneity. We offer a selection of handpicked activities and special culinary events that offers the most genuine Italian experience for our guests.
In addition to the “must-see” highlights such as Rome, Florence, or Venice, these tours will take you through hilltop towns, quaint villages, and the picturesque countryside where you will experience one of the most important aspects of the Italian lifestyle – food and wine! You will have the opportunity to meet with farmers and producers, visit local artisans, and have plenty of “hands on” activities to not just see these beautiful regions, but to gain insider knowledge.
Our small groups consist of no more than 12 guests with all guided tours, excursions, and activities completely organized and included, as well as all transfers, transportation accommodations, and most meals throughout the trip. Our tours combine intimate locations with a great selection of unique activities and insider experiences. We want you to “experience” Italy and to create special and lasting memories.
This spring we are offering our “Taste of Rome & the Amalfi Coast” tour. Spend three nights in Rome exploring the highlights and food scene in our private tours of the “Eternal City” before transferring to Sorrento for the next five nights. While in Sorrento we’ll have a private-guided tour of ancient Pompeii, lunch in a vineyard, have a cooking lesson on a farm, make pizza and learn how limoncello and mozzarella are made. Next, we’ll make our way down the alluring Amalfi Coast and visit some picture-postcard perfect coastal villages along the way, including Amalfi and Ravello. Spend your final two nights in a boutique hotel set in the heart of Positano.
Tour dates: May 6-16, 2017
- Step back in time as you explore Ancient Rome on our private tour.
- Experience an insider’s view of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Taste your way through Rome with a delicious food tour
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii
- Make & eat authentic pizza with a real “pizzaiolo”
- Learn to cook some of the most popular and classic Mediterranean dishes of the Campania region with a hands-on lesson
- Enjoy a wine-pairing dinner in the heart of Rome
- Watch a cheese making demonstration
- Meet with a variety of food specialists and get an insider’s look into family farms and local food producers
- Savor local specialties during our tasting excursions
- Sample the famous local liquor of Limoncello and learn how it is made
- Feel pampered on our private boating excursion to the island of Capri
- Experience a wine-tasting luncheon amongst the vines
- Indulge in multi-course dinners served with local wines
This 11-day/10 night Itinerary includes:
- Small group size: Maximum of only 12 travellers per group
- Private transfer from Rome (FCO) airport
- 3 nights accommodations in a 4-star hotel set in the heart of Rome
- 5 nights accommodations in a beautiful seaside hotel in Sorrento with sea view room
- 2 nights accommodations in a boutique hotel in Positano with a sea view room
- All Breakfasts, buffet style
- 5 Lunches and 5 dinners
- Regional wines with most meals
- Private Ancient Rome tour
- Private St. Peter's & Vatican Museums tour
- Private guided tour of Pompeii
- Wine-pairing dinner
- Food tasting excursions
- Cooking lesson on a farm
- Winery tour and tastings
- Cheese & olive oil tasting events
- Private boating excursion (Weather permitting)
- Private transfers to Sorrento & Positano
- All Land transportation as outlined on the itinerary
- Private full-time escort and interpreter
- Private bus/van with driver for our daily excursions
- All excursion and entrance fees as outlined on the itinerary
- Pre-trip information packet
- Transfer to Naples airport (NAP)
- Local VAT taxes and government fees, gas, highway tolls, city access licenses and permits, and parking fees
Most of our small-group tours are almost completely inclusive (with the exception of airfare & travel insurance)
We offer: Customized & private tours of Italy, custom itinerary planning, Small-group tours, day tours, special celebration & event planning.
What's Not Included
Airfare, Travel insurance, Document fees, anything not outlined in the itinerary.