3459 abruzzi dialect

I speak pretty good italian but when the locals fall into dialect i'm lost. We are near Sulmona in Abruzzo. Can anyone help?

Category
Che significa? - Italian Language Queries

Thats the problem and it does not just vary from region to region but from town to town as we found out ourselves! Don't worry the more time you spend in the area, you will soon make yourself understood.

I speak Italian with a Campobasso dialect, our house is in Abruzzo any conversations takes forever, especially when I start to through in some Bedfordshire Italian dialect.

But I found after a week or so I start understand, the only problem is once I return to the UK I forget it all.

I wish I hadn’t bunked off Italian school as a kid; I would love to speak Italian fluently.

I can still here my mum screaming, “You’ll regret it when you are older” follow by a slap, and don’t you just hate it when your mum is right.

By the way once you’ve grasp the dialect, don’t forget to switch back to Italian in the cities, a friend of mine though he was asking for can of coke, when he was actually asking for big barrel of coke.:D