7277 Motocross Tracks in Italy?

My wife and I are visiting Italy this September to scout out the Northern Lakes Region, Lake Como and Lake Maggiore. Our goal is to move to this region by next May 2008 and live there every year for the summer months. I love to ride motocross and I am having a hard time finding information on motocross riding in Italy. Are there any motocross tracks/parks near Milan or Northern Italy? Does anyone out there ride?

Look forward to your responses.

Steve

Category
Sports

Motocross is a huge sport in our area but as that is in Le Marche it is unfortunately not much use to you up in the lakes. Many of the competitions are organised through local motocross teams/shops have a look under [url=http://www.paginegialle.it]PagineGialle.it[/url] inserting 'Motocross' and then the province you are interested in, a list of local clubs/teams/shops should come up. Any of the shops would have details of local teams and events. A neighbour is/was national champion at some form of motocross (don't ask what all I know is that endurance came into it) and the team he is involved in certainly hold competitions with teams competing from overseas - most tend to be in central Italy, I don't remember him mentioning heading north so not sure if it is big near the lakes.
Good luck.

Like anne, I don't know about motocross in the most northern parts of Italy, but this link (I hope!) will direct you to the national Italian motocross site. For sure it is a national passion, so I hope you will be able to trawl through my link and find something happening where you are and when you are!

[url=http://www.cross.it/]CROSS.IT[/url]

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the link. As I begin to learn more about motocross in Italy, it is fun to research websites. I really look forward to riding motocross and I believe I found a motocross track near Milano. I'm excited.

Gracie.

Steve

Anne -
Thank you very much for the information. It sounds like I may need to make a road trip to Le Marche to explore the motocross community there. I am not much of a competition rider. Instead, I enjoy riding different motocross tracks with my friends as practice. All of my friends race, but I think it is best for my health to stay out of the competition circuit. I've attached a photo of me riding at a motocross track in Southern California.

It is good advice to check into some of the local shops and ask questions when I arrive.

Thank you,
Steve

If you 'google' "motocross armeno [no]" you get various sites - one of which includes the statement

"For people keen on motors there are motocross tracks, one in Armeno and another in Maggiora (the latter hosted the world championship),"

The Armeno one I know [its about 2 mile from my place near Armeno] - but as I don't do motocross, I can't say how good/bad it is. The Maggiora one must be pretty OK.

Hope this helps

You could also check out FMI (Federazione Motocross Italiano??). They frequently organise competitions in this part of Le Marche, including in San Severino. There's a big circuit in Cingoli, too.

We were on holiday at Casamaggiore near Lake Trasimeno and there's a club there. Probably a bit too far for you to go though.