Borgo San Biagio Self Catering Cottage and Guest Rooms
The self catering cottage:
The cottage was the old chapel of the farm community. All the charm and the architecture has been lovingly restored. The cottage sleeps 2 adults and has an en suite bathroom. An adjacent reading room contains a day bed which is suitable for a child. The kitchen is fully equipped and stocked with basic essentials to be used on a use and replace basis.
The main house is over 200 years old and has been restored maintaining authentic period features. The house was once occupied by a Dutch artist who painted the soffits on the ceilings with whimsical, imaginative forest scenes. Further examples of his art are framed and displayed around the house. The guest house has two double bedrooms with en suite facilities. The house is occupied by the owners who will be your hosts during your stay providing breakfasts and local travel advice.
Facilities & Services
- Private swimming pool
- Pizza oven and BBQ facilities in the garden (exclusive use)
- Car rental hire and pick-up from Arezzo train station (on request)
- DVD and CD system
If required, clients have access to a laundry room with a washing machine. Bath and swimming pool towels and all bed linens are provided. Linen and towels are replaced weekly.
In a quiet valley near Palazzo Del Pero, Tuscany, you will find Borgo San Biagio, a family run self catering cottage and guest rooms. Built in 1799, the cottage and guest house have been lovingly restored by its owners to retain the character and original architecture using period materials. This area of Arezzo, Tuscany is steeped in history, art and cultural heritage which is passionately celebrated with festivals, carousels and local markets.
Place to visit
The medieval towns of Cortona, Assisi, Anghiari, Sansepolcro, San Gimignano and Sienna are within easy reach and the romantic city of Florence is just 70 kilometers away.
The monthly Antiques Fair or the weekly Saturday market to sample local produce in Arezzo is a must. Arezzo is most famous for being home to Piero della Francesco’s Legend of the True Cross frescoes that tell the story of the Crucifixion.
- Daily rate: per room/night - $60.00 including Tuscan continental breakfast
- Weekly rate: $375.00 including Tuscan continental breakfast (Saturday to Saturday)
SELF CONTAINED COTTAGE:
- Weekly rate: In season (May to August) - $450.00 per week (Saturday to Saturday); Out of season (Sept to April) - $350.00 per week
- Daily Rate: In season - $55.00 per night, minimum of 3 nights; Out of season (Sept to April) - $50.00 per night
Accommodation check-in 2pm / check-out 11am