English Dept of pensions FORM S! -

Stuart HC Image
12/01/2015 - 04:43

English Dept of pensions FORM S1 - registration for health care cover.   Does anyone have experience of registering this form with Italian Medical authorities?  My local Hospital just looked blankly at it and I got the classic shrug of the shoulders !! Any thoughts would be apreciated.



Hi, when we went to register for the health service to get ourTessera Sanitaria  - first with the GP and then with ASL - they looked blankly at the S1 form from the UK. Even though we think that we are not entitled to health cover without them reclaiming the costs from the NHS in UK, we were told - "you have a residency and an Italian ID card, you are paying our taxes, so you get our health cover" !