Fine food, fine wine, fine culture & fun in Umbria for 8 days/7 nights
Umbria is the green heart of Italy and is known for its stunning medieval towns and lush landscapes of rolling vineyards, olive groves, dense forests and hills. It is also one of the top culinary regions in Italy, famous for its truffles, chocolate and wine and offers an authentic Italian experience with fewer tourists.
Experience the very best of Umbria as you travel to Italy for a unique, upscale gourmet culinary experience with Goût et Voyage. We offer fully escorted, true small group trips focusing on the food, wine and culture of the region. Hands-on cooking classes, winery tours, a truffle hunt and olive oil tastings are paired with visits to charming towns, historic sites and meals at gourmet restaurants.
You will stay at an elegant 4 star boutique hotel and have leisure time for shopping and relaxing poolside. Here’s what makes a Gout et Voyage tour distinctive:
- We offer escorted small group (6 clients max) tours to Umbria.
- The trips focus on the food, wine and culture of the region.
- The trip includes cooking classes with local chefs in their homes, a full-day winery tour, guided visits to a variety of cultural sites and charming hill towns, a truffle hunt at a 500 year old family compound and much more.
- We stay in a small, exquisite boutique hotel and dine at intimate restaurants inaccessible to larger groups. (We stay in only one hotel per trip, avoiding the unpack/pack/unpack syndrome and allowing clients to really get a feel for the area and the rhythms of everyday life).
- I pick the late Spring time-frame as the weather is beautiful and we avoid the summer crowds.
- The price of the trip is all inclusive once you arrive at the Umbria pick-up point.
- Your trip really is 8 full days!
- Guests have private rooms with en suite bathrooms. There are no single supplements.
- The trip is perfect for singles, couples and friends- because of the small group size, clients may come as strangers but always leave as friends.
The trip is all inclusive from the Umbria pick-up point.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (with wine) daily.
- 7 nights in a private room, with en suite, in a boutique hotel.
- Transportation in a luxury, air-conditioned van.
- NO single supplement
- All classes, tours, entrance fees.
- Gout et Voyage owner accompanies all trips.
- Tips, taxes.
- The trip is 8 full days
What Not Included
- Airfare to and from Italy.
- Transportation to the Umbria pick-up point. ( Assistance with train/car service booking, transportation gladly provided).
- Personal expenses ( laundry, souvenirs, et a)