Highlights of Puglia Tour
8 days exploring the highlights of Puglia - the culture, landscape, food and wine.
This shorter Puglia itinerary includes the highlights of this wonderful region: the Baroque splendour of Lecce, time spent exploring the pretty towns clinging to the coast, and the rural tranquility of the Valle d’Itria. We crossover into neighbouring Basilicata to visit the sassi of Matera.
The tour starts with three nights in Polignano a Mare with rooms overlooking the wonderful cliffs. From Polignano you will visit the towns of Bari and Trani, as well as the enigmatic Castel del Monte.
Our next base is in the Valle d’Itria, famous for the distinctive stone trulli dwellings. You will visit Alberobello, the town with the largest concentration of these conical constructions as well as the pretty towns of Locorotondo and Martina Franca.
Throughout the tour, you will get the chance to meet local artisans and farmers with private visits to an ancient olive oil estate and one of the top wineries in Puglia for a special degustation and lunch.
Our small group tour has a maximum of 12 guests and a minimum of juste 4!
- May 3 to 10, 2020
- June 14 to 21, 2020
- October 4 to 11, 2020
- AUD 4,490 pp (twin-share or double)
- Private transfer from Bari airport or train station to Polignano a Mare at the start of the tour
- Group transfer to Bari airport or train station at the end of the tour
- Tour leader on hand for duration of tour from the start of the tour to departure in Bari
- Accommodation (on a twin-share or double basis) in 4 star hotels
- Breakfast daily and 2 lunches and 4 dinners (wine, or something softer if you would prefer, included with all lunches and dinners)
- All land travel in Italy in private, air-conditioned mini-coach
- Entry fees to all attractions listed in the itinerary
- Expert, local guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- All gratuities and local taxes
What Not Included
- Meals not listed as inclusions
- Personal expenses