The Italian Academy
In the heart of the enchanting city of Siracusa, a unique range of Italian language courses: general Italian, cooking and wine tasting, history, photography and exciting eco-tours. 30 years experience. Highly qualified teaching team.
- 30 years experience; Accredited by the MIUR, Italian Ministry of Education.
- Highly qualified teachers.
- Centrally located, modern premises
- WIFI and air-conditioning throughout, media centre and computer lab
- Rich program of excursions and cultural activities
- CILS and DITALS (University of Siena Certification of Italian for students and teachers) preparation and examination centre .
All year round General Italian courses, structured in line with the Common European Framework. All levels from A1 to C2. Unique range of focused Italian+ courses: “Food and Wine”, “History, Myths and Culture” and “The Sicilian Adventure”. Long term options available, including academic electives in archaeology, history, history of art and Italian literature.
Our teaching method
Based on the communicative approach. Classes focus on developing the 4 language skills, with emphasis placed on interactive communication and an attentive analysis of each student’s needs. Topics covered in class are closely related to the rich program of activities.
Specialized cooking classes, history courses, eco-tours, photography courses.
- Course tuition and materials
- Leisure and cultural activities
- Airport transfers
- 24/7 student support
- Free tandem exchange with local students