Learn Italian in Liguria, living with you teacher
“If you want to fine-tune your Italian, live like a local and discover things you never knew, look no further .” (Katherine P. former homestay student ).
In Sarzana, a stone’s throw from Cinque Terre, my homestay programme will offer you a full immersion experience in every aspect of Italian culture and language: for one week you will live at my home; I will guide you to visit characteristic and unique places such as Cinque Terre, and you will discover them as only locals are able to do; you will taste typical local dishes and you will learn how to prepare them; last but not least you will follow a study programme totally tailored to your specific needs.
Something about my courses
My courses are especially tailored to each unique student, with respect to their interests, their age, their learning styles and according to their objectives. This is why I offer not only traditional language courses but also lesson time with “Learning by Doing” activities that means you will learn by:
• discovering the traditional fishermen’s villages of the Cinque Terre, Portovenere, Tellaro and Lerici;
• discovering the history of some neighbouring Sarzana’s medieval villages, such as Pontremoli or Fosdinovo;
• making focaccia and cooking pasta al pesto, torta d’erbi or other typical dishes;
• visiting Michelangelo’s marble quarries in Carrara;
• walking like pilgrims used to do along the ancient Via Francigena;
• reading the daily newspaper while having a “cappuccino e brioche” in a café;
• doing shopping at the local street market. ...and finally savouring Italy the Italian way!
Something about me
I am an Italian language teacher who has specialized for the past thirty years in teaching French and Italian; I am specialized in adult teaching and I generally work with all level of students from Absolute Beginner to Advanced.
Something about Sarzana
Sarzana is a beautiful medieval city set between the mountains and the sea, close to the Alpi Apuane and just a few steps away from the Cinque Terre.Thanks to its unique location, Sarzana offers many things to visitors: from long walks through natural parks of Montemarcello or Cinque Terre, to the visit of the Roman archeological sites of Luni or the medieval castles in Lunigiana; from unique villages nestled along the Ligurian coast to the charming Versilia’s beaches in Tuscany. Throughout the year Sarzana also hosts several artistic and cultural events, including: “La Soffitta nella Strada”, “La Calandriniana,” il “Festival della Mente,” i “Libri per la Strada”, “Atri fioriti” and “Sarzana Opera festival”.
You can have further information, pictures of the area and testimonials at : https://www.homestayitaliancourses.com