Learn Italian by the Sea in Sicily
In 2006 two young people from Trapani founded Scuola Virgilio out of their passion for languages and travels.
Since then they have welcomed to their Italian language school in western Sicily more than a thousand people from over 50 countries and all ages, offering each one of them a personalized language learning experience that is also an opportunity to meet like-minded people and widen their horizons.
The core experience Scuola Virgilio offers is in-person tuition with both private lessons and group courses, but before and after a language stay in Trapani, the school also provides remote classes with qualified Italian native teachers.
The school is located in the old town, a five-minute walk from the train/bus station and the port, a two-minute walk from the nearest beach.
Trapani is one of the most enjoyable towns in southern Italy, the ideal size to walk and cycle around, entirely surrounded by the sea with plenty of beaches within the city itself and many more in the surrounding areas and on the nearby Egadi Islands. Trapani’s lush landscapes can only be matched by its lavish cultural heritage, such as the Segesta temple and theatre, the medieval town of Erice, the Phoenician site Motya and the ancient Greek city of Selinunte.
- all course materials;
- admin fees, attendance certificate;
- membership at free online conversation exchange group;
- a welcome pack with useful information and tourist brochures;
- unrestricted access to multimedia library (consultation and loan);
- student card with discounts and benefits;
- support finding accommodation;
- legal advice on citizenship application for those eligible;
- free activities including a guided walking tour around the old town of Trapani, Italian conversation evening sessions in a café once a week; other free and paid activities that are scheduled on a weekly basis.
What Not Included
Available upon request:
- airport transfer
- cooking experiences
- walking tours