The Lecce Italian Language Experience
The Lecce Italian Language Experience is a four week Italian language program that immerses you in the culture, food and lifestyle of beautiful baroque Lecce and the Salento region of Puglia. Small group, experiential travel at its best. The Lecce Italian Language Experience is offered twice each year - in May and September - and has been running since 2012.
Since 2012 I've taken 13 language trips to Lecce. In that time I've shared my love of Lecce, the Salento and the Italian language with almost 200 people. Many have returned, some for the third time. Lecce does that to you.
Whether you have already been to Italy or whether you are going for the first time, Baroque Lecce, the School of Italian for Foreigners and the unexplored south are waiting. A truly memorable experience in this amazing part of Italy is guaranteed. But don't take my word for it - read the reviews.
Not from Australia? Ask me about prices in US dollars, Pounds, and Euros. Just send me an email if you would like to find out more.
A full tour does not mean the school is full. You can still enrol at the School of Italian for Foreigners in Lecce as an individual. To find out more visit their website at www.sislecce. it .
Where is Lecce
Lecce is in Puglia in the heel of Italy. The biggest nearby cities are the port cities of Brindisi, Bari and Taranto. Lecce is a small city, which allows you to walk around easily. It is also the best starting point to discover the major tourist attractions and the most important historic sites in the Salento.
Lecce is the last stop on Italy’s main south-east Trenitalia railway line and all the major city destinations are accessible from Lecce. Nearby Brindisi and Bari have important regional airports that fly to major Italian cities as well as to many European destinations.
The mild Mediterranean climate allows interesting and exciting excursions all year round. As part of the program we will take you to visit and discover historic cities, archaeological sites, beautiful beaches and coastlines, and small towns where ancient traditions still survive.
- Up to 24 days of intensive language tuition at the School of Italian for Foreigners in Lecce
- Small classes with a maximum of 12 students
- Certificate of attendance
- Excursions along the Adriatic Coast, and the historic towns of Gallipoli, and Otranto.
- Accommodation in self-contained apartments in the historic old walled city of Lecce
- Choose homestay with a local family to maximize your Italian language experience
- Cooking classes
- A maximum of 15 people in the group
- Experienced tour leader with local knowledge and experience
- Tour leader is bi-lingual and a native English speaker providing 24/7 support, assistance and advice
- Exclusive optional extras only available to tour participants
- An unforgettable experience in the Salento region of Italy
- *Quoted prices are double/twin share. Single supplement applies for sole travellers.