Sardinia Tour – Italy With Pleasure
Our small group tour of Sardinia is a balance between being informative (historical details, examples of the culture and lifestyle), as well as having everything that makes for an enjoyable trip (long lunches in good restaurants, a relaxed pace, free time in places we visit).
You will visit key locations in Sardinia such as Cagliari, Alghero, Oristano, Bosa, Orgosolo, Cabras, Nora, Arutas Beach. Through the week you’ll understand how the mix of populations in Sardinia has produced a very specific influence on the island, from the early Phoenician dominance, right through to the more recent Catalan influences in the northwest. We experience cultural aspects that are unique to Sardinia – distinctive ‘canto tenore’ singing that is so different to musical styles found on mainland Italy; the Orgosolo murals representing the 20th-century protest movement; the vibrant San Benedetto markets.
Our Sardinia tour has a culinary focus - during your week we’ll taste a wide range of fare, from the pasticcerias, the local breads, and meals that are specifically Sardinian, such as fregula (a couscous-like pasta) and pane frattau. You will notice a fusion of Spanish and Mediterranean influences in the cuisine.
We visit ancient sites and discoveries, such as the Roman port town of Nora, the Iron Age statues “the giants of Mont’e Prama”, and the Bronze Age nuraghi stone fortresses at Su Nuraxu-Borromini.
During the week we stay for the week in good 4-star hotels in Cagliari, Oristano and Alghero. There is a maximum of 14 people in our small groups. This 7 day Sardinia tour starts in Cagliari and finishes in Alghero.
- Tour Manager for the duration of the trip, who will coordinate all activities and accommodation.
- Specialist local guides to provide specific insight into key features
- Accommodation in 4 star hotels in Cagliari, Oristano and Alghero
- All costs/entry fees for activities listed in the itinerary
- Meals as listed in the itinerary: breakfast every morning, plus a main meal each day of 3-4 courses including wine
- All transport during the tour (travel is in our van/minibus with a professional driver)