Small Group and Private Heritage Tours in Calabria
Join the experts at My Bella Vita Travel for the trip of a lifetime. Choose between one of their Small Group Heritage Tours or a private Heritage Tour to your family's ancestral village.
Small Group Heritage Tours
This one-of-a-kind small group tour will lead you into the heart of Italy’s most untouched region - Calabria. You’ll visit some of the area’s most beautiful villages, taste food reminiscent of your grandmother’s, and best of all – have a private visit to your family’s ancestral town.
You will dine on local Calabrese dishes, enjoy exclusive wine-tastings, and learn about some of Calabria’s most ancient artisan traditions in an intimate, hands-on, small group setting. The tour has a guaranteed maximum of 12 people and is scheduled June 12-19, 2022 and October 9-16, 2022.
Private Heritage Tours
Explore your family's unique heritage with your customized trip to Calabria. You will work with Cherrye, Founder and Certified Travel Counselor, to design your bespoke vacation. Together, you'll choose locations and excursions tailored to your family's interests.
You will also:
- Uncover new aspects of your heritage
- Visit the city hall and see the ancient record book containing your ancestors’ birth information
- Walk through your family’s ancestral village
- Engage in helpful-and often colorful-conversations with the locals
- Visit churches and ancient palazzi from your grandparents’ past
- Enjoy traditional southern Italian meals in local trattorias
- Engage in a variety of unique, local Italian experiences tailored to your interests and budget
- Bilingual travel host throughout the trip
- Transportation, including to/from Lamezia Terme Airport
- Breakfast daily
- Multi-course Calabrese lunch, with abundant wine
- Aperitivi and some dinners, per itinerary and contract
- A *PRIVATE* heritage tour to your family's ancestral village, including transportation and a bilingual heritage specialist
- Research prior to your heritage tour in your family's ancestral village
- Lunch in or near your family's ancestral village
- All excursions, as listed, in the itinerary
- On-call, in-country trip manager (for private trips)
What Not Included
- Transportation to/from the tour meeting place
- Accommodations before or after the tour
- Meals not listed as "included" in itinerary
- Additional heritage research or post-tour procurement of documents