Winter Homestay in Liguria
Learn Italian with me and enjoy the sunny days of the Ligurian winter.
Learn Italian with me and experience the local customs and charming events of the holiday season : Christmas, New Year’s and Epiphany.
There are several reasons to have a Homestay in winter. You can enjoy:
- the Cinque Terre without crowds;
- the mild temperature of the Ligurian coast;
- Christmas season with its markets and nativity scenes;
- lower prices.
Something about me
I am an Italian language teacher who has specialized for the past thirty three years in teaching French and Italian; I am specialized in adult teaching and I generally work with all level of students from Absolute Beginner to Advanced.
“If you want to fine-tune your Italian, live like a local and discover things you never knew, look no further .” (Katherine P. former homestay student ).
Something about my winter courses
These courses are especially tailored to each unique student, with respect to their interests, their age, their learning styles and according to their goals. I usually create my courses mixing traditional lessons with learning by doing lessons. That means that my students learn Italian while doing something.
I will be your personal linguistic coach for one week, teaching you not only how to have good communicative interaction, but also leading you through an authentic cultural experience of the Italian way of life.
In winter time, we can:
- hike along the paths of Cinque Terre, enjoying the mediterranean sunny days and the lack of the crowd!
- taste Cinque Terre's uniques wines in authentic wineries;
- do shopping at the beautiful local Christmas market ;
- learn how to cook typical winter dishes like spezzatino con la polenta or risotto ai funghi;
- walk like pilgrims used to do along the ancient Via Francigena;
- read the daily newspaper while having a cioccolata calda in a café;
- have a walk on the beach and study there, under the sun.