11325 claiming IVA back

Hi, we are just starting the house building process and plan to live in Abruzzo permanently. I understand if it is your first and main residency you can claim most /all of the IVA (VAT) incurred in the building back. Does anyone have any experience of this and how to go about it? Many Thanks la Stalla

Category
Building/Renovation

There are past threads on this subject so worth tracking back. Things do change of course and last year you could not claim for some things. I remember posting what these where.
If you are building a house from scratch then I think the IVA is still 4% for restoration it's 10% and you have to obtain the documentation stating this. (Our geometra did all the necessary).

[FONT=Arial]As I understood it this has now changed so that you can only recoup the IVA as a deduction in the income tax you pay each year (over a set period - 10 years?) in line with other government incentives.

Happy to be corrected[/FONT]:smile:

[quote=Penny;107141][FONT=Arial]As I understood it this has now changed so that you can only recoup the IVA as a deduction in the income tax you pay each year (over a set period - 10 years?) in line with other government incentives.

Happy to be corrected[/FONT]:smile:[/quote]

When did this come into effect?