12469 Tasting Olive Oil

Is there a correct way of tasting olive oil and what are the best ways of dicovering all the flavours?

The reason I ask is that we carried out our first Harvest in December and due to a set of circumstances beyond our control we were only able to collect our oil last month. Well you would expect me to say it is wonderful - fantastic aroma, very fruity and slightly peppery but yesterday after having a very generous dollop on a piece of bread - more oil than bread, if you know what I mean - I coughed and the pepery taste was magnified 20X. Got my better half to do the same and she had the same experience.

Is this is a tried and tested way of drawing out the flavours and what other techniques are there?

Category
Food & Drink

D'ye know...I haven't a clue what the answer is, Luce...however, I will return to this thread and the question every five minutes just to look at your avatar:swoon:

R :bigergrin:

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Olive oil is very famous in this time. In earlier time, I used this oil. But now this time I am using cbd oil. This oil have great effected., And I  satisfy this oil. This oil user is incresing day by day. I am thinking, I want to do work of cbd wholesale. Beacuse it's oil is very good and hope so i can earn huge money using this cbd.

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

I have read your post and there is a wide range of flavors in extra olive oil. my brother has a small business in olive but in this work has no more money and he decided to start a new business in commercial stained glass denver project. My brother is an architect and he creates beautiful stained glass windows for homes, places of worship and commercial. Thanks for sharing this post.

found this:-

[url=http://www.howcast.com/videos/28012-CMN-Video-How-To-Taste-Sicilian-Olive-Oil-Part-1-Mandranova]CMN Video: How To Taste Sicilian Olive Oil, Part 1 - Mandranova Video | Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Videos | Howcast.com[/url]

Excellent - Thank you Alan - Clearly coughing is not quite the professional way! Mind you the strength of pepper taste was so strong that our oil is clearly very high in antioxidants which is most pleasing for a first attempt, particularly if you knew the Heath Roninson way in which the olives were collected!

whilst on the subject of olive oil ......we will be in sarteano from the 3rd june...does anyone know the best producers in the vicinity as we want to bring some quality oil back home .