12480 Need a BIG chainsaw

We are living in Casalini, near Panicale, on the south side of Lago Trasimeno, Umbria.

Some weeks ago an ancient oak tree fell in the garden and we have been gradually removing it using a couple of regular chainsaws.

We now just have the trunk left but it is well over a metre across.

I need to borrow or hire a chainsaw of 70 or 80 cm, and wondered if any forum members might have any useful suggestions or offers.

Our contadino neighbour Franco, who is helping us, has asked around but no-one locally has a saw of this size.

It is not a very long trunk - about 3 metres, so we only need to make 3 or 4 cuts.

We could always pay for the hire in wood! :bigergrin:

Category
Gardening & Agriculture

Well I suppose you could cut V grooves into your log with a regular chain saw then go in and cut again. Or you could carve it into a nice bench and leave it somewhere in your garden. I'm sure you will know not to allow wood to be over and above your saw tip when carving.

This is a very hardwork and very risky too which you are doing and I found this post when I was searching for some posts which can related to the person who do these types of rsiky works and I am writing some articles about the heroes of our society and I was reading some free essay samples based on heroes at https://eduzaurus.com/free-essay-samples/heroes/ while I found your link. Well, thanks post it here and it will be very helpful for me to write about this topic.