11315 problems with couriers

Hi All
I have seen several posts about members having problems with DHL and the like.............as some of you know we are in the industry, and would like to help you guys out, if you want, please email us via our website, giving tracking numbers and delivery address, and we will try to get these sorted for you, we deal with donuts all day and know the way the think or dont as the case maybe.....as someone recently posted here, UPS and Fedex are joining up..........the new operation, will be called ...........FEDUP..........cheers

Category
General chat about Italy

[quote=deborahandricky;106968]Hi All
I have seen several posts about members having problems with DHL and the like.............as some of you know we are in the industry, and would like to help you guys out, if you want, please email us via our website, giving tracking numbers and delivery address, and we will try to get these sorted for you, we deal with donuts all day and know the way the think or dont as the case maybe.....as someone recently posted here, UPS and Fedex are joining up..........the new operation, will be called ...........FEDUP..........cheers[/quote]

That's a very kind offer, thank you. If nothing is sorted this week I may take you up on it.

Very nice offer, indeed. You are great. This is one of the things I like in the Forum, trying to help each other. Gives you a good feeling.

[quote=Gala Placidia;106971]Very nice offer, indeed. You are great. This is one of the things I like in the Forum, trying to help each other. Gives you a good feeling.[/quote]

Thanks for that Gala
I just know how bad they are here, when its my stuff, I get it shipped to the local depot and collect.......LOL

I think that’s really great Deborahandricky.

How would you deal with this one?

Item ordered on line to be delivered to a different address in the UK from the billing address.

Reason… friends in UK for Christmas would them bring item back to Italy with them.

You have probably guessed, company deliver item to billing address and then close for Christmas.

Friends have now returned to Italy.

Item languishing at confused sister’s address and company refusing to cover cost of delivery to Italy.

I've had a good service from SDA since I've been here, everything delivered speedily and intact. Slightly oddly though, with the last two the driver has said that I don't need to sign for them as he will do it for me... Not sure I'm that bothered since the goods arrived OK, but I wondered whether anyone had any insight as to what he might be up to, (if anything)?

The main problem here of late has been the non-arrival through Poste Italia of now about half a dozen different items, from addresses in UK and Sweden. Three CDs, a book, some returned keys and a couple of large envelopes of music scores all apparently lost. Of course with no tracking numbers there's not much hope of finding them, I guess. The postman, rather gleefully I thought, said that unless they were "raccomandata" it was "troppo difficile".

Deborah and Ricky apart from enjoying your posts, I want to say grazie, for making such a magnanimous offer.
When I go to England (handluggage only), I fill a box with 20 chili of shopping, which gets sent off to our friend's hotel nr Perugia. Therefore the carrier has no excuse, it's just by the superstrada. This type of arrangement is to be recommended.
Packets sent from our local post office in Umbria to Rome have disappeared so often that they are now sent recorded delivery. So if I was sending anything to Rome from anywhere I would want to track it.

[quote=Nielo;106973]I think that’s really great Deborahandricky.

How would you deal with this one?

Item ordered on line to be delivered to a different address in the UK from the billing address.

Reason… friends in UK for Christmas would them bring item back to Italy with them.

You have probably guessed, company deliver item to billing address and then close for Christmas.

Friends have now returned to Italy.

Item languishing at confused sister’s address and company refusing to cover cost of delivery to Italy.[/quote]

Hi Nielo
Sorry to hear that, but the carrier only goes by what he is told, However, did you pay by credit card?, as you may be able to claim the cost back as the supplier failed in his contract, worth a try , and you may get the things for free, or discounted ............good luck

[quote=barn_elms;106981]I've had a good service from SDA since I've been here, everything delivered speedily and intact. Slightly oddly though, with the last two the driver has said that I don't need to sign for them as he will do it for me... Not sure I'm that bothered since the goods arrived OK, but I wondered whether anyone had any insight as to what he might be up to, (if anything)?

The main problem here of late has been the non-arrival through Poste Italia of now about half a dozen different items, from addresses in UK and Sweden. Three CDs, a book, some returned keys and a couple of large envelopes of music scores all apparently lost. Of course with no tracking numbers there's not much hope of finding them, I guess. The postman, rather gleefully I thought, said that unless they were "raccomandata" it was "troppo difficile".[/quote]

Hi Barn Elms
The signing part is a bit strange as you say, the driver has to give his run sheets in at the end of the day, to be input onto the SDA track and trace system, so make sure you sign it, if only to keep the driver on his toes.
As to Poste Italia, seems odd that its only bulky items going on the missing list, might be worth sending yourself a jiffy bag stuffed with newspaper and seeing if it turns up, its more likely to be a local job then a main sorting office.
Good Luck

[quote=Noble;106989]Deborah and Ricky apart from enjoying your posts, I want to say grazie, for making such a magnanimous offer.
When I go to England (handluggage only), I fill a box with 20 chili of shopping, which gets sent off to our friend's hotel nr Perugia. Therefore the carrier has no excuse, it's just by the superstrada. This type of arrangement is to be recommended.
Packets sent from our local post office in Umbria to Rome have disappeared so often that they are now sent recorded delivery. So if I was sending anything to Rome from anywhere I would want to track it.[/quote]

Hi Noble
Thanks for that.
Re your Umbria to Rome parcels, SDA, are about as good as you get here, and the way that courier work is in decline, it might be worth your while having a chat with them re rates, as everyone is crying out for work you may even get a better deal then with P.I. and SDA may well collect direct from you too.

Good luck

SDA are okay - they have a deal with the Italian post (I think).

A tip for those of you fed up with not being able to contact your 'local' UPS or DHL (or whoever) office. They are completely forbidden by the parent company to release a direct line phone number....but their direct line fax isn't covered by this restriction, (nor, if he is friendly, is the personal cell number of somebody in the depot).

There are ways and means, (and there is also Mailboxesetcetera, who cope with 'post restante' immaculately).

[quote=deborahandricky;107023]As to Poste Italia, seems odd that its only bulky items going on the missing list, might be worth sending yourself a jiffy bag stuffed with newspaper and seeing if it turns up, its more likely to be a local job then a main sorting office.[/quote]

Good idea about the newspaper.

Unfortuntately probably is a local job, we had the same problem, within a month we lost 3 parcels all from very different locations (Switzerland, UK and another from some mail order depot.. can't remember where...)

I took it up with our local post office and they were gob smacked that I thought there could be something they could do... um buh:veryconfused:

Next time, make a fuss and write down when, from whom to whom the parcels were posted.

Thanks very much D&R for offer of help on tracking parcels. Hubby is going Stir Crazy without his Home Brew Kit. Need to contact the suppliers for a DHL number....

The package is probably at our bar but we haven't bumped into anyone yet...

Just a quickie. I remember someone here, probably Charles, suggesting writing contact telephone numbers on the packet.

Interesting to discover that SDA is actually the express courier subsidiary of Poste Italiane itself, since 2005.
Makes me wonder where in the parcel/packet sorting process they get involved, in case that's where the missing packets fall out of the system.