1129 Australian in Acqui Terme (80km north of Genoa)

Hi all,

I am an Australian and have just moved to Acqui Terme (80km north of Genoa) and am wondering if there are any other English speaking people in my area?

Thanks very much,
Monique

Category
Introduce Yourself - Piacere Conoscerti

I just read your post and wanted to say what a beautiful town you live in and I hope that you soon meet some English speakers. You will, there are plenty of us around.

My father's family are from near there, a village called Fubine and I know the area well. However when we moved to Italy to live we decided to settle in Lucca.

Good luck,

I do have two English speaking Italian friends in Genoa if that is of any help to you?

Linda,
what a coincidence... I am from Lu Monferrato... I'll get married there in a week!
and we area ctually selling a property in fubine!
It is soooo lovely, all the walk has been refubished and it is looking great!

Paola

Dear all,

Thank you all for your posts.

I agree with you Linda: Acqui Terme is gorgeous, I am very happy to be here.

Sano: just out of curiosity, one of your friends in Genoa doesn't happen to be Jonathon, from Ireland? If so, then this is a very small world as I work in a subsidary company of his... However, if your friend isn't Jonathon from Ireland, then I would be very appreciative to meet up with your friends. I shall be living in Genoa for all of September 05.

Thank you, Monique

Was in Acqui last week !! My parents live about 20 mins away in Nizza Monferrato....and yes, Acqui really is a lovely place....we went to take our two young daughters to an open air place there (with fountains....can't remember name) for one of their truly spectacular ice creams....unfortunately closed, we are in August after all !

Back in England now unfortunately, unlikely to be there again until October.....