11309 Buona sera

[FONT=Arial]My name is Robert and I have just joined this forum, I have been visiting Italy for some time - and now with impeccable timing - I am looking to purchase a property in Umbria. Other areas have been considered and rejected for a number of reasons. I can speak some Italian having been to language school in Siena for a month. The big issues at the moment are to rent for a period prior to buying, the level of the Euro, whether Italy will remain in the Eurozone, whether to keep an address in the UK - but unlike the universal answer to all questions which is 42 - none of these are easy.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Looking forward to joining in the forums and learning and enjoying my self[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Category
Introduce Yourself - Piacere Conoscerti

Welcome to the forum Robert, hope to hear more from you in the future.
A

A very warm welcome to The Forum Robert.

Hello Robert and welcome to the Forum. Best wishes with all your plans.

Hello Robert Stoner,
it's nice that you joined the Italy Magazine forums.
You'll find here plenty of news, opinions, general and specific talks about Italy.
Enjoy each section and good luck for your Italian!

In bocca al lupo
Cristiana

A warm welcome from sunny but very chilly, Umbria Robert and a suggestion that it may well be worth your while to rent first and take your time before buying.

[FONT=Arial]Robert Stoner ........I can speak some Italian having been to language school in Siena for a month. [I][COLOR=black][B]Fantastic starting point and invaluable...[/B][/COLOR][/I]The big issues at the moment are to rent for a period prior to buying,[I][B]Highly recommended (HIGHLY!)...[/B][/I] the level of the Euro,[B][I]Can't get worse................(can it ??) Cost of living here is HIGH, not low!!![/I] [/B]whether Italy will remain in the Eurozone,[B][I] (Cannot see it leaving, it wouldn't be allowed would it ? )[/I][/B]whether to keep an address in the UK [B][I](We have not, looking back would have like to have, but for no specific reasons, 'pretending' to be there is do-able, but (I think) 'morally' wrong!) [/I][/B]- but unlike the universal answer to all questions which is 42 - none of these are easy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Looking forward to joining in the forums and learning and enjoying my self[/FONT]
:spinny: