11245 Invisible Feature

Hi Ronald,

Is the invisible feature different now? Before, if you went to someone's homepage and you were invisible, it didn't show your name as having visited there. Now it does.

Category
Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements & Queries - No Longer Applicable

Hasn't it always shown who visited your page and also left a trace when you have visited someones? I'm sure it has.

Lisa Hi. My status is "invisible" I have just visited your page and yes it appears I'm recorded as having visited it albeit the invisible icon is alongside my name. Why don't you check your profile now and report back as to whether you can see that I have visited??? Hope that makes sense as I have had a glass or two of wine.

Hi Sally,

I just checked my page and your name does not show up. The name of the invisible person did not show up before today's upgrade.

Juliancoll,

See above - there was a mixup before with another Lisa C and me which Ronald had fixed this afternoon and while that was corrected, it looks like there are still some problems as per above.

I have not tested this stuff, and I have never invoked invisible. So - what is the point? I can visit people's profiles when not logged in - so that way you will never know I have visited your profile page. This is a non-issue secondo me. Logging in is a choice available to a registered forum user, but it is not obligatory.

[quote=Charles Phillips;106349]I have not tested this stuff, and I have never invoked invisible. So - what is the point? I can visit people's profiles when not logged in - so that way you will never know I have visited your profile page. This is a non-issue secondo me. Logging in is a choice available to a registered forum user, but it is not obligatory.[/quote]

Hi Charles,

I had made myself invisible awhile back and this feature worked for me until today when the upgrade confused my account with another Lisa C's. I have set up my computer to automatically log in. There have been times when I didn't necessarily want someone to know that I had visited their homepage. I would have to remove the automatic login feature currently in order to just be a visitor as you had suggested. I was accustomed to the other way so it's a little work for me but not a huge deal. I think the problem I'm having is related to the identity mixup. Others don't seem to be having it as Sally's name didn't show up on my visitor's page.

Lisa

I understand, Lisa; it is convenient to do automatic login, but it also has a downside - you are identifiable. It is your choice to do automatic login (I don't choose to do it). Not doing 'automatic log in' means that I don't post 'on the fly'. I have to make the decision, and do the keystrokes, to 'log in' - and usually (unless I'm slightly pissed!) I just read and leave.
(As many might have noticed, when I am more than slightly pisssed, I can run off at the mouth with the best of them!!)
It isn't such a hassle to 'physically log-in' each time - it is just about how you choose to live your cyberlife!

[quote=Charles Phillips;106352]I understand, Lisa; it is convenient to do automatic login, but it also has a downside - you are identifiable. It is your choice to do automatic login (I don't choose to do it). Not doing 'automatic log in' means that I don't post 'on the fly'. I have to make the decision, and do the keystrokes, to 'log in' - and usually (unless I'm slightly pissed!) I just read and leave.
(As many might have noticed, when I am more than slightly pisssed, I can run off at the mouth with the best of them!!)
It isn't such a hassle to 'physically log-in' each time - it is just about how you choose to live your cyberlife![/quote]

Charles, I think you will find that even when not logged in the site can still identify you although other members can not.

The removal of the ‘who’s online’ feature has put a stop to people who like to track what others are doing but the cookies placed on your computer when you do log in are NOT removed when you log out.

If you enter the site and log in, look at a few posts then log out, it will tell you that all cookies have been removed but if you then come back as a guest, the site will remember which posts you have looked at because it still identifies you from cookies left on your computer.

I think I'm probably the only one having this specific problem where my name is recorded on another member's personal page even though I am invisible due, as I said in a prior post, to the identity mixup that happened when they were making the Forum upgrade. I'd just like it to go back to how it was before. It seems to be working for everyone else but me.

[B]Ronald, could you take a look at this too? You were able to fix the other problem created by the upgrade.[/B]