11324 New Years Eve

Spent Christmas at the house - almost finished but heating not fully sorted (works on top floor but only intermittently elsewhere) - parent's came out on Saturday between Christmas and New Year. No big plans for New Year - thought I'd cook & then we'd go out to watch fireworks. My dad isn't very good at keeping still so went out exploring by car - convinced he could find things we hadn't :nah:- found a road and a nice look agri but more importantly the road had a view of our house so my husband went back out with him and took his camera to take some pictures. While Duncan was taking pictures my dad decided to go into the agri for a look around - he speaks no Italian but managed to establish that it was a restaurant and that there was a big new yearss eve do on and they had had a cancellation of a table for 6. Given we had limited heating downstairs he and my husband decided to book (dad was paying!).

We arrived back later that evening and had a great meal (although as usual there were too many courses), great wine AND there was a band playing with dancing after midnight. So at 12.30 my ten year old son was leading a load of Italians in a conga around the room (slightly perplexed) while my dad was dancing with the proprietress and my daughter was copying strictly come dancing. (mum & I were enjoying the prosecco!) The restaurant is called L'antico gusto and was really good (particularly the anti pasti).

If we'd seen it on one of those life in Italy / buy a house programmes we would have said it was all faked by the researchers - dad goes out for a drive and turns down a little road, finds new place we hadn't heard of, they just happen to have a cancellation for the exact number that we were, son ends up leading a conga while dad is dancing with the owner etc All sounds set up but honestly that's how it happened! Don't know what time it went on til but it was still going strong when we left at 1.30! A great night was had by all and we will definitely go back.

Chris

Category
Le Marche

[FONT=Arial]We also had a great New Years Eve on the hoof as it were.

We thought we would look in on the "do" in Amandola's Piazza. Last year we looked in but a lot earlier in the evening and it was very sedate and quiet with a few people mooching about and not much drinking.

This year we got there about 2am to find a full-on party with belly dancers, a DJ, everyone dancing and even doing the conga!! All of this took place in full outdoor gear under the loggia which had been closed in and "heated" with patio heaters. People were sharing their bottles of Prosecco with us and the bars were still open when we left at 4am.

It was still going at 6am!![/FONT]