11285 tabita83/panduro

Sally flagged a post by tabita83 that might be spam (bardolino lake garda thread in holidays and travel), and tabita responded with indignance. I checked the domain name that Tabita was promoting (having made out she had just visited the place for the first time), and the domain is actually registered to her, with an address about 5 minutes from Bardolino. Her IP address is also the same as Panduro's, who recently flooded the forum with at least 6 spam posts promoting the sites for the same area (possibly the same site, I can't tell as it was removed).

Therefore I suggest suspending both accounts, sending a warning message to tabita's email and posting an explanation in the infractions forum as per the rules... I was going to outright ban them but it seems the rules require a suspension and explanation first.

As it's been a few days and no-one has acted yet, I will do it now, if anyone thinks this is the wrong thing to do please say and I will amend as necessary.

Category
Moderatori

Was just about to send pm to tabita about this then thought better check with you guys first. Is this ok?

[I]Tabita,
As one of the moderators of the forum, I am writing to inform you that have broken two rules of the forum: The first is spamming. Please read the house rules, here: [url=http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/italy-magazine-forums-announcements-queries-announcement-house-rules-read-before-posting.html]Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements in Forum : Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements & Queries[/url]
As you can see, no-one objects to a signature link as long as your posts are genuine, i.e.. you are posting as a real member of our community and not purely for the purpose of creating backlinks for your site. Your post does not appear to be genuine, as you claim to have visited Bardolino for the first time, yet the domain name you linked to in your post is actually owned by yourself, with a registered address for the domain as being in Caprino Veronese, which is about 5 minutes drive from Bardolino (so I find it hard to imagine that this was your first trip to Bardolino as you claim!). This is all information publically available by the way. If you'd like to join the community with more useful posts that are not designed purely to promote your site in terms of backlinks etc, I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms. I can also see from your logged IP address used for registration and posting that you also have a double identity, being the very same Panduro who has spammed the forum recently, which contravenes another rule of the forum, therefore I am suspending both accounts as per our rules. I will also post an explanation for the suspension in the infractions and penalties forum.[/I]

I have already suspended Panduro for 3 months for spamming and duplicate identity, will wait for your reactions before doing same for Tabita. Or if someone else wants to do it, be my guest! Given my username I might be accused of a conflict of interest...

Bravo - glad someone was keeping an eye on things over Christmas.

ok, both suspended then. They've disappeared since they realised we were deleting the ads so probably not even necessary, but have done it anyway.

When there's blatant advertising, I tend to ban immediately, then ask questions.