11269 Visit Lake Garda

This beautiful lake has many attractions for tourists: a mild climate, beautiful and varied scenery, ranging from the rolling hills at the aouthern end to sort of fiords at the northern end. Further more, man-made attractions are being constantly developed. There are a number of amusement parks and sporting grounds, and during the winter season there is plenty of good skiing on the spacious snowfields of Monte Baldo.
Natural beauty and the picturesqueness of the ancient fishing villages around the lake make its splendid attractions.

[b][MODERATION]Crass advert removed[MODERATION][/b]

Malcesine lies on the eastern side of the lake. This town is the most important one on this side of the lake and also one of the most beautiful ones on the whole of the lake. The town is framed by the mountains behind and facing others on the opposite side of the lake. The little town still retains its picturesque medieval centre. It is a modern tourist resort with many lovely hotels and beautiful little houses. There I also a lovely small harbour and castle.

The whole area around the lago di Garda is very touristy and it is better to visit out of the high season. In early May, it was perfect with enough visitors but not too much, driving and parking were easy, except in Garda because of an extensive market (Friday May 6th). The eastern bank of the Lago di Garda belongs to the Veneto province (Venice province), the western bank to the Lombardy province and the north part to the Trentino-Alto

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

By God! They are getting smarter by the minute. Six posts - all promoting the same thing. I want a salary increase.

Pity the mods aren't around, as they don't seem to pick these posts up!!!

Wrong Geotherm. I noticed Marc was online a few minutes ago. You need to alert moderators.

Thought they looked at most posts, Sally. Didn't know we had to do their job as well.

No Geotherm. They don't get paid so are under no obligation to read everything. However they do respond very quickly when alerted via the purple triangle.