11280 Bardolino Lake Garda

It was our first visit to Bardolino, having stayed at the top end of Lake Garda in previous years.

Bardolino is a beautiful traditional town that had no sign of 'compromising' to attract more visitors ----- no sign of British pubs / anything offering British food etc etc. It was pure Italian.

The buildings are stunning and the small harbour relaxing and quaint.

It is really easy to catch the local ferries to other surrounding towns - Garda, Lasize and Sirmione to name a few - and quite cheap (£4 return to Sirmione)
If you're keen you can also walk to Garda - about 3 kms - and Lasize - about 4 kms - across the lake side path.

The town buzzes at night - lots fo people strolling and enjoying the outdoor concerts. Its not a party / disco place so not the place for anyone looking for that sort of entertainment.

The resort was idyllic and picturesque. Perfect for alfresco dining, with many excellent restaurants, bars and cafes. We arrived the evening before the annual wine festival, which was great timing . We sampled lovely wine and heard a great variety of music. On the last evening there was a fantastic firework display - well worth seeing. The scenery was magnificent; people friendly; food and wine very good and transport links good on and off the lake. It was definitely one of our favourite holidays and we will return.

All in all a lovely (real)traditional piece of Italy!

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

Spam again and reported already.

Whats spam, are you saying my post is rubbish?
Not very friendly here at all!

We have had a number of first time posters here recently promoting Lake Garda and that hotel. I could be wrong in which case I apoloogise, but I don't think so.