11306 Ryanair ticket prices

Ryanair will of course have priced their tickets sometime ago, (well let's give them the benefit of the doubt). So beware when booking tickets to and from Italy to and from the UK. In the past we have often found it was cheaper to buy 2 single tickets when travelling from Italy to UK and back because a return ticket could be more expensive. We still check and this morning I noticed that if I bought a return ticket from Stansted to Perugia and back, on the 6 Sept it would have cost me £118.74 to return to Stansted as part of a return ticket. If I had started my journey from Perugia the price was just over 160 euro for the same flight! This excludes luggage and card fee. A big difference, so check and double check journey prices before booking.

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

We also found that when doing a 'Search for flights' that on some routes you were given a lower ticket price when asking for one adult than when asking for 2 adults and 2 children!!!!!!!!!! I can't remember the route but in one case the difference per person, per ticket was €20!

Worth checking all the other options too. We have found Easyjet Gatwick to Rome over easter for £122 all in for two returns, inclusive of luggage and priority boarding, Ryanair wanted just over £200 before priority boarding, luggage and credit card booking fee - even being flexible around dates didn;t help. For us Gatwick is nearer this end, but Rome further at the Italian end.

Having said that did manage to get 2 return tickets in Feb to Ancona for 4p with Ryanair, plus the £16 credit card charge - next time I will have my new electron card to use if they still allow that for free.....

:smile:

Yes keep checking and double checking. So far this year, tickets I have searched for have been more expensive if the journey starts in Italy rather than from the UK with Ryanair. ie East Mids Pisa £23.99 plus extras but Pisa East Mids 34.99 euros plus extras. Same flight, just one journey originally started Italy and the other began from UK. So if flying to and from Italy to UK check the options, as it may be worth buying single tickets rather than a return.

Hello all,

Just thought I'd mention about this mystical Visa Elektron card that allows you to book Ryan air flights without booking fees. I was not familiar with it, but after enquiring with my bank, they sent me one free of charge - and we solely use it for flight bookings (such a satisfying feeling not having the booking fees added to the total!). :yes: It seems to work like an ordinary debit card.

Hiya

Sounds interesting - is it a debit, charge or credit card?

Has anyone tried to challenge Ryanair on it's illegal credit card charges? They charge a fee per person per leg for flights. In fact they should only charge a sinlge fee per credit card transaction! Other airlines charge a single transaction fee.

I'm sure someone has - there is quite an industry out there dedicated to improving the Ryanair passenger's lot! See this for example....

[url=http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/contact.html]Ryanair Campaign[/url]

[quote=anne2;106919]We also found that when doing a 'Search for flights' that on some routes you were given a lower ticket price when asking for one adult than when asking for 2 adults and 2 children!!!!!!!!!! I can't remember the route but in one case the difference per person, per ticket was €20![/quote]
You may find that the ticket for the first person is cheaper but by the time you have booked the third or fourth the price will have gone up - it's dynamic pricing where the price is automatically adjusted to reflect the availability.

Chris

[COLOR="red"]So if flying to and from Italy to UK check the options, as it may be worth buying single tickets rather than a return.[/COLOR]

You can book two single journeys, but two different routes to take advantage of cheaper fares, sometimes using two different airlines. What also used to be good was to use say Frankfurt Hahn as a connection, but now not likely to be a good option as now each booking carries that card charge save Ellectron,

It is not only Ryanair that makes that credit card charge. I tried to book an Advance train ticket with a website that sell BR tickets (to do this got to have a UK address). Cheap ticket but then they wanted another £4! I engaged brain and went to the website of the actual train company [url=http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/EMTrains/Tickets/CheapTrainTickets.htm]Cheap Train Tickets - East Midlands Trains[/url] Not only was the ticket reduced by a further £1 for purchasing online but no extra charges.
Sorry to go off topic but may be useful for others to know.