The Vatican’s newspaper, the Osservatore Romano, has listed the Holy See’s top ten records of all time. In a season of inclement weather, says the newspaper, Italians are also inundated with song festivals and it wishes to remind its readers of alternative listening.
The records are not religious and no Italian song makes the list. The records, in order of release, are (you can listen to the tracks through the video below):
1. Revolver by the Beatles
2. If I could Only Remember My Name by David Crosby
3. The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
4. Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
5. The Nightfly by Donald Fagen
6. Thriller by Michael Jackson
7. Graceland by Paul Simon
8. Achtung Baby by U2
9. (What's the story) Morning Glory by Oasis
10. Supernatural by Carlos Santana
Pope Benedict himself has been shortlisted for the Classical Brit Awards Album of the Year for Alma Mater – Music from the Vatican.
The winner will be announced in May.
Which record would you vote for?