The 92nd edition of the round-Italy Giro d'Italia, the world's second-biggest road race after the Tour de France, snakes from Venice over the Alps, into Austria, down through Liguria to Florence, across to Bologna and down across Marche and Abruzzo to Campania before flicking back up to Rome.
Here are the 21 stages of the centennial Giro which starts Saturday in Venice and ends 3,456.5 km later in Rome on May 31:
- 9/5 Saturday: 1st stage; Venice Lido (team time trial) km
- 10/5 Sunday: 2nd stage; Jesolo-Trieste km 156.
- 11/5 Monday: 3rd stage; Grado-Valdobbiadene km 198.
- 12/5 Tuesday: 4th stage; Padua-San Martino di Castrozza
(Dolomites) km 162.
- 13/5 Wednesday: 5th stage; San Martino di Castrozza-Alpe di
Siusi km 125.
- 14/5 Thursday: 6th stage; Bressanone-Mayrhofen im Zillertal
(Austria) km 248.
- 15/5 Friday: 7th stage; Innsbruck (Austria)-Chiavenna km
- 16/5 Saturday: 8th stage; Morbegno-Bergamo km 209.
- 17/5 Sunday: 9th stage; Milan show 100 km 165.
- 18/5 Monday: rest day.
- 19/5 Tuesday: 10th stage; Cuneo-Pinerolo km 262.
- 20/5 Wednesday: 11th stage; Turin-Arenzano km 214
- 21/5 Thursday: 12th stage; Sestri Levante-Riomaggiore
(individual time trial) km 60.6.
- 22/5 Friday: 13th stage; Lido di Camaiore-Florence km 176.
- 23/5 Saturday: 14th stage; Campi Bisenzio-Bologna km 172.
- 24/5 Sunday: 15th stage; Forli'-Faenza km 161.
- 25/5 Monday: 16th stage; Pergola-Monte Petrano (Marche) km
- 26/5 Tuesday: rest day.
- 27/5 Wednesday: 17th stage; Chieti-Blockhaus (Abruzzo) km
- 28/5 Thursday: 18th stage; Sulmona-Benevento km 182.
- 29/5 Friday: 19th stage; Avellino-Vesuvio (Ercolano) km
- 30/5 Saturday: 20th stage; Naples-Anagni km 203.
- 31/5 Sunday: 21st stage; Rome (individual time trial) km