Electric adaptor

09/22/2009 - 02:02

Does anybody know where I can get a Italy TO UK electric adaptor?..............two pin to three pin...............or is it change plugs when you over over there? S


You can get 'travel adaptors' in plenty of shops in the UK, including at airports and ferry ports. However, they are only rated at about 3.5 to 7 amps [depending on type] so you can't use them for stuff like kettles and some high tech UK hair dryers.  The plugs also can warm up quite a lot when in useI keep a couple of adaptors  for travelling to/from my holiday place in italy - but as a permanent solution I have a couple of UK '4-way' extension leads at the house, that I have cut the UK plug off of, and fitted an Italian one instead.

Before we came to Italy we bought a large pack of Italian to English adaptors from Ebay, they were very cheap and have worked well. There are some on ebay at the moment on this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-Travel-adapter-Plug-UK-to-EU-Euro-Europe-France_W0QQitemZ150360429987QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_TravelTickets_Accessories_RL?hash=item23022e15a3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 Hope that helps