Good evening!  Hopeful someone can

Michelle G Image
01/07/2019 - 19:50

Good evening!  Hopeful someone can help me.  I currently live in the U.S.  and own a home near Lucca.  I will not be able to get back to Italy for a while but need to have some work done.  Specifically I am going to need a new contract for my electric-have a two year contract that will be expiring-and also need to get some work approved by the council.  I have a friend that lives there and would be able to handle all the paperwork needed.  Is there a way to give my friend permission to handle these things for me?  Perhaps a power of attorney?  And if so, how would I go about getting it?  Thanks so much for any help you can provide.



You can download from the internet a generic "Delega" form in Italian.  When properly filled out and signed, it makes another person your "delegate" to conduct for you the transactions you specify (at the post office, the pharmacy, etc).  Your friend in Lucca will probably need to confirm with local authorities if this is sufficient for getting any permits you need or whether you need to send additional identification or documents.Here's a link.