The first fortress dates back to the year 1000. It is likely that, on January 26, 1041, by a deed of Henry III Emperor, the castle was sold to the powerful bishop of Asti. From the 15th century to 1803, the castle was converted to religious use and became a convent. Duke Vittorio Amedeo III was hosted there in 1783, as you can read on a plaque on the castle facade. Through the Napoleonic laws of 1803, the convent was confiscated by the French government and was sold to the noble and powerful Pogliani family from Asti, which transformed the convent into a noble residence. In early 20th century, the Pogliani sold the Castle to the Genoese shipowner Poggi who kept it up to the 1990s.
The completely restored castle covers an area of 2,690 square meters for residential use and it includes an indoor heated and air conditioned pool, tennis courts, garden / park of about 11,000 square meters.
The panoramic property is located on a promontory and surrounded by its ancient walls. The castle can be converted into a tourist resort with the possibility to build an extra body on two floors covering an area of 675 sqm.