93 km - 58 miles
140 km - 87 miles
85 km - 53 miles
86 km - 53 miles
85 km - 53 miles
95 km - 59 miles
74 km - 46 miles
106 km - 66 miles
*Please note distances are straight line measurements and are approximate
Villa Desiderio is available fully furnished, dates back as far as the 11th century. In addition to the main villa it boasts 3 modern, fully independent apartments, a large garage, a multi purpose outbuilding and approx. 40,000 sq m of land surrounding the property and containing a stunning swimming pool.
Villa Desiderio is arranged over 3 floors plus a mezzanine floor for a total area of approx. 600 sq m, as follows:
- Ground floor: a distinctive glass door opens onto a hallway with stunning painted ceilings and walls. From here: a doorway to the right leads to a dining room with a charming old stone fireplace which in turn leads to a modern, functional, fully fitted kitchen with access to the garden; straight ahead is a staircase with central carpet runner leading to the upper levels; to the left there are two spacious, bright living rooms with beautiful old stone fireplaces; through the second living room is a large bedroom with vaulted ceilings and an en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi and frescoed walls. On the ground floor, but accessed independently from the outside, there is also the laundry room and the boiler room.
- Mezzanine: to the left of the staircase there is a comfortable lounge leading to a bright bedroom, whilst to the right there is a bathroom and a wardrobe room.
- First floor: the staircase leads into the grand hall with its very distinctive copper ceiling. To the left of the grand hall is the large library made up of two rooms with delightfully decorated, frescoed walls and a stunning ceiling with beautiful wooden beams and sculpted terracotta ceiling tiles. To the right of the great hall are a second kitchen, a bathroom and a spacious bedroom. The great hall also leads into a large bright living room with beautiful stone walls, arched windows, vaulted ceilings and a striking original old stone fireplace. The serene private chapel is accessed from the living room through a discreet, exquisitely hand carved doorway.
- Second floor: a breath taking panoramic bedroom with parquet flooring, carved fireplace, wooden beamed ceiling and large arched windows on three sides providing magnificent views over the surrounding countryside. A short staircase leads from the bedroom to a charming, small terrace above which offers 360°, uninterrupted views as far as the eye can see.
Villa Desiderio’s electrical and plumbing systems are all modern and certified under the current building regulations. The Villa uses both a highly efficient pellet boiler and solar panels which provide hot water for most of the year contributing to significantly reduce running costs.
Completing the residence, to the rear, Villa Desiderio has a 65 sq m garage.
Villa Desiderio contains 3 modern, fully independent apartments.
- Studio apartment: this functional apartment is c.35 sq m and consists of a kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.
- Guest apartment 1: in close proximity to the Villa, on the ground floor of a fully restructured outbuilding is a 60 sq m independent apartment consisting of fully fitted kitchen, spacious living room, large bedroom and bathroom. At the front of the apartment with direct access from the kitchen, living room and bedroom, is a lovely panoramic patio area, ideal for ‘al fresco’ dining.
- Guest apartment 2: in close proximity to the Villa, on the first floor of a fully restructured outbuilding is a 65 sq m independent apartment consisting of fully fitted kitchen, spacious living room with old stone fireplace, bathroom and large bedroom (currently divided into two bedrooms). At the front of the property is a charming patio with garden view, ideal to relax on and soak up the hot Italian summer sun.
Villa Desiderio is southwest facing and surrounded by approx. 40,000 sq m of land. There are two electric gates providing access to the property (one at the front and one at the rear) and the property is fully fenced. The grounds contain trees of various types, including cypress trees and olive trees and there is also a magnificent 12 m by 6 m panoramic swimming pool (built in 2007) with built in Jacuzzi and underground changing facilities.
There is also a small pond and a putting green for the golfing enthusiasts. For those requiring helicopter access, the local authority has indicated that a heliport would be possible.
Next to the guest apartments there is a two-storey outbuilding of approx. 55 sq m currently used as a storage area and woodshed which could, if desired, be converted into a gym, sauna, additional living space, etc.
The villa has mains electricity and water.
It has it own GPL gas tank. The villa has an energy efficient pellet system for hot water and also has solar panels.
Villa Desiderio has recently been skilfully and tastefully restored to its former glory by the current owner maintaining and enhancing where possible the numerous original features of this magnificent residence, including the private chapel.
Villa Desiderio is a unique jewel, hidden deep in the Umbrian hills dominating the Upper Tiber Valley. Although located in the exclusive Umbrian hills in total peace and serenity, Villa Desiderio is only a short drive from the historic town of Città di Castello, the largest town in the Upper Tiber Valley (c. 40,000 inhabitants). Città di Castello, which dates back as far as the 1st century B.C., is still protected by an imposing expanse of sixteenth-century city wall and boasts an important artistic and architectural heritage from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance periods. Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera, built between 15th and 16thcenturies and the Municipal Art Gallery, host numerous priceless works of art by, amongst others, Raphael, Luca Signorelli, Giovanni and Andrea della Robbia and Pomarancio, without forgetting the painter and sculptor Alberto Burri, born in Città di Castello and famous throughout the world for his modern and highly original interpretation of art.