71 km - 44 miles
15 km - 9 miles
109 km - 68 miles
60 km - 37 miles
8 km - 5 miles
35 km - 22 miles
*Please note distances are straight line measurements and are approximate
VILLA of the early 1800-s with sea view, spread on a single level, 1.000 sqm in size, with a garden of 1.700 sqm and park of 25.000 sqm. The villa is disposed as following: the access leading to the center with a well and all of these is surrounded by 9 independent cottages previously used as farmers' houses. From here you can enter the master house consisting of 13 rooms overlooking the garden with palm trees. Some floors are original, dated back to the early 900s, the doors are original too and some rooms have frescoed ceilings. Also there was a small chapel transformed into a closet where now some plastic flowers and calice are kept. The buildings, adjacent to the villa, are to be restored, for about 600 sqm, internally with mezzanine to expand an area up to 1000 sqm. In the garden below the villa, there is still a cellar with barrels and tools for pressing grapes; moreover, there is a place with outcropping sources allowing the possibility to build a swimming pool. In this villa were filmed many scenes of fiction films “Montalbano” and “Il capo dei capi”.
Private, but not isolated location, easy access and good connection with two major local roads gives, in addition to commercial activities, this property a chance to become a prestigious second home, or even better, a perfect main residence to enjoy great quality of life, being situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Sicily, with great historical value.
The property was built with regular building permits; land and urban registration is in order.
The property is owned by a private individual and the sale is subject to a property registration tax of 9% on the registered value if purchased as a second house, or 2% if purchased as the main residence, while the purchasing of the land is taxable at 12%.
The water supply is guaranteed by the municipal connection, the electric distribution is ENEL network. The water heating system and the kitchen services are provided with a buried LPG tank. There is telephone connection, digital terrestrial and ADSL.
The property is in excellent condition and can be used immediately; the kitchen, all related equipment and adjacent areas are in entirely correspondence with the current law. The maintenance of the buildings and systems has been provided consistently and carefully, as well as the maintenance of the park.
The floors in all bathrooms and service rooms are in ceramic, stone and marble, all coatings from services to the walls are in ceramic.
The bathroom sanitary engineering is supplied with taps and groups of brass chrome heavy details.
The window frames are constituted with glass framed in wood. The interior doors are in solid wood.
The rural buildings are completely to restore, but the structure doesn't need large restoration.
The property is located in Marina di Ragusa, 100 meters from the sea and 800 meters from the tourist port. Other places of interest: Ragusa ibla, the castle of Donnafugata Modica, Noto and the airport of Comiso are less than 20 minutes by car.