Country Home - Restored for sale in Boville Ernica - AC99-648

240000
Property Class
Country Home - Restored
Property Year
1700
Rooms
7
Bedrooms
3
Bathrooms
2
Dimensions
190
Energy Rating
G

Distances From

Airports
Rome-Ciampino Airport "Giovan Battista Pastine"
74 km - 46 miles
Rome-Fiumicino Airport "Leonardo da Vinci"
102 km - 63 miles
Naples-Capodichino Airport "Ugo Niutta"
97 km - 60 miles
Abruzzo Airport "Pasquale Liberi"
109 km - 68 miles
Unesco
Properties of the Holy See
86 km - 53 miles
Historic Centre of Naples
110 km - 68 miles
Royal Palace of Caserta
94 km - 58 miles
Archaeological Areas of Pompeii, Herculaneum and Torre Annunziata
130 km - 81 miles

*Please note distances are straight line measurements and are approximate

Description

"Dimora Filonardi"
The elegant “Palazzo Filonardi” is one of the most beautiful and important historical buildings in Boville Ernica.
Located in the historic center of the town, it is the result of the numerous alterations made in the 16th century to the medieval castle and commissioned by Cardinal Ennio Filonardi.
The house for sale is a wing of the Palace built in 1700 to accommodate the Roman High Prelates who, especially in summer, came to vacation in the beautiful village.
The construction was entrusted entirely to Vatican artists as evidenced by the two "signature stamps" affixed to the upper part of the central fireplace.
As per photographic documentation, the extraordinary beauty of the colors still kept intact and never retouched is evident.
On the ground floor of this charming residence we find a tavern, dining room, closet and a bathroom while on the first floor S / 1 we find a large kitchen, living room with period fireplace, three bedrooms and a bathroom.
St. Peter's Square, then the courtyard of the palace, now serves as a garden as there are no further roads, it is very suitable for the socialization of the inhabitants of the Borgo.
The Palazzo was inhabited by the Filonardi family until the 19th century, while since 1912 it has been the seat of the monastery of the cloistered Benedictine nuns, who fled from Palazzo Simoncelli due to a fire.
Through a tuff portal you enter the courtyard, in St. Peter's Square, inside which you can admire another beautiful portal characterized by a round arch on which angels with ears and flowers and an epigraph are engraved.
The portal seems to be the work of the Sangallo family but according to tradition it is the result of Vignola's art.
The latter artist is also credited with the wonderful Representation Hall, located on the first floor of the building and characterized by a precious terracotta floor on which the symbols of the noble families Farnese and Della Rovere, protectors of Cardinal Filonardi are engraved.
Near the palace there is also the stupendous Church of San Pietro Ispano.
Excellent solution for lovers of historical charm and for lovers of period properties.
For further information and / or on-site visits, call 0776566289 or 3487607909. For english speakers: 00393348094290.

location map

Other properties in Lazio

Country Home - Restored in Viterbo
695000
Country Home - Restored in Colfelice
85000
Country Home - Restored in Roccasecca
77000
Country Home - Restored in Labro
465000

Featured Property Stories

Request more info

What is the result of three plus five?