modicasa's activity

Questions Asked

Can you sort out the website so we can reply to questions?  Thanks 

Thu, 01/02/2020 - 05:07

Comments posted

Tue, 09/14/2021 - 02:44

Each apartment has a quota of the millesimi - the block is divided up into a 1000 units and each apartment has a quota.  Being top floor will give you more millesimi - the lift, the position etc etc, and all your costs are calculated on how many millesimi you have.   You have centralised central heating and there is little you can do - ask the administrator why your costs are so high.   You can now opt out of centralised heating and install your own system which many people do.   

Tue, 08/31/2021 - 01:19

Your IMU (property tax) is calculated according to the rateable value of the property and the comune you live in.  The TARI (rubbish tax) is calculated on hte basis of the square metrage of the property and the comune sets the rate.

Wed, 07/14/2021 - 01:22

Most comunes will have an IBAN and BIC for non residents to bay by bank transfer.    Given that you cant fill in the F24, you need to to put your codice fiscale, the year for which you are paying and your name in the reason for payment box, and send the comune proof of payment by email.  

Wed, 07/07/2021 - 05:44

I would call the carabinieri.   Or go to the carabinieri with the photos and your atto, and they will take it from there.   In my experience its the quickest and easiest way to deal with the problem.  They will come and have words with the owner.  (Its one of the few laws that seems to be easily enforced in Italy).   

Wed, 07/07/2021 - 00:54

A right of way is a servitu on the property, it could be written into your act of sale/purchase or be transcribed by act.   Those that exist merely because they exist tend to be historical - or agricultural and they're not really things that you can do nowadays as people are much better at delineating their land, not sharing water sources etc.    

The beach and rivers to a certain extent though are demanio and as such are visitable by all.    This does not mean that you have to allow all and sundry through your land, unless it is a well marked and comunal right of way.  What you cannot do is block existing access, making a public road a private road for example.  

If you have an interpoderal right of way then you cannot close it, unless you buy all hte lots of lands it serves,  likewise nowadays you cannot sell a piece of land without access, so slowly these ancient rights and liens are becoming extinct. 

Mon, 07/05/2021 - 01:13

You have a right of way - the law provides you with a 20 year extinction - ie. if it isnt used for 20 years then there the right to pass becomes extinct.   But as with most habitual stuff, it is rarely transcribed.     AS regards your neighbour blocking access to the beach,    He can put up a gate, but he has to give you a key.   If he's just blocked it, you can unblock it, call the carabinieri or a lawyer.  

Fri, 06/11/2021 - 00:56

Doesnt that rather depend on a host of factors?  I suggest you do some research before relying on everyone else to do it for you. 

Sun, 05/23/2021 - 01:26

Italian law says that you cannot buy a car if you are not resident in Italy. 

Mon, 05/17/2021 - 02:18

I think its time you set up a blog and told the story of your renovations, (facts only) and give the geometra a link to it, telling him that its 'to help other people buying in the area'.  Once he grasps the fact that he will never work for another foreign buyer, he might do the work he's been paid for. 

Sat, 05/15/2021 - 01:12

Obviously if you live in Italy and are tax resident there, then you will pay tax on your worldwide patrimony.  If its a holiday home and you live in Italy for less than 180 days a year, you will have no tax presence and pay no tax other than on your Italian property.