LargeLewis's activity

Questions Asked

You haven't asked any questions yet - go ahead and post a question

Comments posted

Sun, 10/14/2018 - 04:04

... thank you very much Ugo for your kind helpyes

Sat, 10/13/2018 - 13:09

What interesting information in this post.Can any of you nice people tell me if I need a Certificato di agibilità to sell my house I bought in 2010? It has not had any work done on it since circa 1990 (previous owner). smiley 

Sun, 08/14/2016 - 04:50

Finding the right estate agent can be difficult and I've read about so many bad experiences. The two guys on this forum give a lot of good advice and I'm sure one if not both have said before to make sure the estate agent you use is licenced. I’m pretty sure an agent I know here once told me they had to by law have their licence details on their website?

Thu, 04/28/2016 - 04:00

A couple of great links, with the latter providing a chance to try different producers. Wonder how it compares with the the oil I'm used to getting here in Abruzzo. I have to say (sitting on more than 30L) since November the change in the oil is amazing, nothing is like the oil in its first few weeks...

Tue, 04/26/2016 - 03:22

Or of course Ugo's option. However, like most Italian sites, there are no prices and you can't simply order and pay online. I do appreciate they may not be able to afford a payment system to have online buying, but it seems to me there is a big opportunity for someone to offer small businesses here the facility. But asking for contact details to enable any purchase went out the window in the UK about 10 years back as people simply would not do so. Mind you the pictures of the place on the site look wonderful Ugo.

Mon, 04/25/2016 - 16:34

"bunterboy" is your answer.... :) Sounds lovely stuff... If we need any (across in Yorkshire) we will know where to ask smiley

Sun, 04/24/2016 - 05:22

Unless you know of someone coming over from Italy to the UK, I doubt you can! We are lucky enough to have had oil straight from the frantoio (mill) in the last 5-6 years. Since we could not find anything (at any price) like it in the UK we now take back with us 100ml bottles. If you are prepared to pay, you could try a small one man delivery guy to bring some over for you. Or go to a genuine Italian restaurant and get a someone to put you in touch with a family that produce their own. I say "family" as I don't think it is unknown here for Spanish oil to be mixed with Italian and passed off as genuine...

Tue, 04/19/2016 - 16:32

Depends how you look at it. Legally (court apart) you will be liable if you have a tv, Modi is most likely correct in saying you will not be charged, but then you have the problem of just how do you get your licence for that tv...

Mon, 04/18/2016 - 18:02

Think you will find they may not pay, but you are liable to do so by virtue of having a TV in the house!  Having a pc that can connect is, as I read it, NOT a cause for needing to pay... Now paying or not is a different matter altogether. I would suspect you are on a none resident tariff and therefore unlikely to be charged ...

Mon, 04/04/2016 - 12:36

Good to see you found what I was on about, good luck!