Maggi Fuller's activity

Questions Asked

Anyone with a clean UK driving license interested in driving my car from Umbria to the UK, and/or back, in July so I can get it MoT'd?  It will have been serviced and it is fully insured with European breakdown cover.  I am just not confident enou

Thu, 04/23/2015 - 07:45

If anyone is looking for a reliable, honest and hardworking guy to do any building, decorating or general renovation work in the south-west Umbria region (Citta Della Pieve), I know just the man.  His work is good and his charges are reasonable. P

Wed, 09/25/2013 - 04:49

Travelling from Reims to Parrano, Umbria.  Can anyone advise the best, shortest & cheapest route with minimal use of toll roads through France etc, accepting that we will use the autostrade through Italy. Thanks.

Mon, 08/12/2013 - 08:06
Sun, 03/24/2013 - 09:43

Can anyone help or know someone who can sort this out for me – cheaply!?I think I need to apply for residency in Italy. However, I will not be a ‘full-time’ resident, maybe up to or just over half the year for the time being.....

Wed, 03/13/2013 - 11:51

Recommendations please.... Where, other than Ikea, would you advise the best place to buy good second hand or new furniture in or near western Umbria. Anyone moving and hove some for sale? I need beds, sofas, kitchen cabinets, appliances etc.

Mon, 07/16/2012 - 12:33

Comments posted

Wed, 10/07/2015 - 12:00

Thanks Patrick.....  I will bear you in mind.  What sort of money are we talking here?  I know it will be expensive sad

Tue, 07/14/2015 - 08:00

Thanks Cardi......

Sat, 07/04/2015 - 07:34

Possibly, but I must make it clear that I am not looking to pay for the assistance!!  I was looking for someone who, like me had an Italian "bolt-hole" and whom it might suit to drive back to the UK once in a while to load up with items that would be too large for airline baggage or too expensive to send....  or who just fancied the trip, maybe has a fear of flying etc. Obviously, I would pay or share the cost of fuel & Channel crossing.....

Tue, 06/30/2015 - 06:36

.......... of course!!!  I do know this and it is a slight concern, but it is parked on my property, well away from the main road too...  It is a Fiat and I always leave it facing out so no one can see the GB sticker! There used to be someone on this site called "Spud", I chatted to him a lot about this issue, but not heard from him for well over a year now after he was diagnosed with the big C (hoping he's OK as they caught it very early, does anyone know?).  Anyway, for years, he used to leave his UK reg. car at Perugia Airport between visits to Italy, before it became "International" and before they started charging!  Amazing that he got away with it for so long as they only spent a few weeks once a year at their home quite close to me.... We did talk of sharing at one time......I am fully insured with Saga, one of the very few companies to offer insurance for "travel" in Europe for a whole year, not just 90 days.  I also have European breakdown cover and I get it serviced regularly...  Friends visiting from the UK can only drive it if I put them on my policy for the length of time they stay. Non UK residents cannot drive it.Thanks again for the advice Chris.

Sun, 06/28/2015 - 05:29

Thanks Chris,  I feel so much better now!!  Just angry that I wasted £200 in car tax last year, thinking I would have to bring it back this summer!Maggi

Sat, 06/27/2015 - 07:42

Thanks Chris, but it won't be taxed either as that runs out at the end of July.....

Sun, 04/26/2015 - 11:03

Hi Joe, Thanks for your reply.....  Unfortunately, my Insurance company insist on a full UK license...  for fully comprehensive.I also did not make very clear, that I had hoped any volunteers would, like me, have a home in Italy and would like the idea of driving ibstead of flying, so they could have the convenience of taking a load of "goodies" to or from the UK!  Or someone who could maybe, share the driving with me!  I was not looking to employ someone to undertake this task...  I can't afford it!!  I would of course pay or contribute to travel expenses..Thanks for your interest anyway!

Fri, 04/17/2015 - 06:56

Well, I have learnt something from you!  I did not realise that you could pay the lot in December!  That way I guess, they can make the most of any 'increases' in between time!If it is a second home, then you will have to find out the correct percentage you must pay from the Comune.  This site's IMU Aliquota defaults to 7. something %, whereas my Comune charges as much as it can, the maximum possible of 10.60%, with the TASI Aliquota at 1%.Tipologia immobile is the type of property, and in my case it is a second home, so it comes under Altri immobile, A, CO2, CO6, CO7 etcRendita Catastale is basically the rateable value, which you can work out quite easily, forgotton how now, but you can google it or obtain it from the Agenzia Entrate for your area.Glad to have been of help.

Fri, 04/17/2015 - 05:37

Hi Barbara...  I was able to save/print out all the F24s...  I.e. the six-month June one, the 6-month December one, and the one for the whole year, which I assume should be paid in June.  I just pay mine at the local Post Office in Italy, as I am in Italy usually at these times or thereabouts.  Others I am sure, will advise on how to pay when you are out of the country.

Thu, 04/16/2015 - 12:10

It is really easy to do yourself, I have done mine since day 1, had it checked the first time, and no problems since.  Trouble is, whilst my Comune provides a link on their web page, it is for 2013 as I have just discovered!  I use this site..... you have done the calculation, you can then produce the F24 payment slips by filling in your relevant information...  name, Codice Fisciale etc.