12360 Gpl gas

[FONT=Verdana]I know the forum has touched on this subject many times in the past but I wanted to revisit the issue to get the latest information!! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I had a quote for installation of a underground bombola from an API GAS S.p.a (Veneto)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Costs: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]200.00 euros for documentation and approval from the fire service (vigili del fuoco)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]GPL - 0.60 euro per litre (variable)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]1650 litre bombola – I was offered different sizes 800/1000/3000 etc what is the optimum size?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I read on the forum that the local commune offers a discount, is this still the case?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Any advice is appreciated..[/FONT]
:bigergrin:

Category
Cost of living - Utility Services

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I too would be interested if anyone has had gas delivered recently. We had our 1300 litre tank filled nearly 2 years ago and will have to have more before the onset of next winter so come on - anyone had a refill recently?? Where are prices going - down I hope[/FONT]

just had 1.200 litres delivered on 23/04 price including VAT @20% =752,93 = 0,62 X LITRE
from Total -Ancona depot.

Thanks Sebastiano, for me based on 1200 lt price including VAT @20% = 864.00 = 0,72 X LITRE therefore I'm paying 0.10c more per liter, I guess I need to renegotiate....

[quote=jwareham;119969]Thanks Sebastiano, for me based on 1200 lt price including VAT @20% = 864.00 = 0,72 X LITRE therefore I'm paying 0.10c more per liter, I guess I need to renegotiate....[/quote]
HI, Please bear in mind that we are in a designated "comunità montana" zone which entitles us to a small official discount (included in the calculation)which probably explains the 10cent difference

Had our gas tank filled by ButanGas at the beginning of April at 0.58c + iva (0.696c) - no subsidy but we did get a small sconto. The instal was in Feb and cost Fire Dept - €145.81 and town hall stamps €43.86. Be aware that you will aslo have to show you have a couple of fire extinguishers so that is an extra cost if you buy them.

Are your Gas co paying for excavation?

Last fill 26/02/09 was costed at 0.65349 plus 20% IVA but we get the Art 8, paragraph 10 reduction and this is 0.15907 on 52%.
i.e. 806 litri @ 0.65349 = €526.71
IVA = €105.34

806 litri x 52% = 419 x 0.15907 = discount €66.65

Price paid €565.40

Discount has remained fixed but top line cost has gone from 0.70850 in October 2008, to 0.62350 beginning of January 2009 and back up as above February 2009. Nothing more recent I'm pleased to say!!

With regard fire extinguishers - paid €54 each for 6kg size and €52 for a 4kg size at Castorama in March 2009.

Many thanks for the feedback it seems that my costs are not to far out, but I will check with the town hall for any additional discount.
The API GAS company was brought in by my idraulico so I'm assuming he will have some kind of benefit / commission for the introduction.

I will ask him about the fire extinguishers (good point) this has not been mentioned and will also ask about who is paying for excavation which again was not mentioned, I assumed (which you should never do in Italy) that this cost would be included in the contract, obviously the bombola (vertical) is free.

More questions:
My idraulico stated that I would have to pay ‘EXTRA’ for him to run the gas lines (tubes) from the bombola to the house, is this normal?

Regarding the contract, what is the normal term to be tied in for?

Also can you get these GAS companies to commit to a fixed term / fixed price contract?

Again any help is appreciated..

[FONT=Times New Roman]P.s Funny how that English word ‘EXTRA’ works both in Britain and Italy, the Italians working on renovating my casa seem to be particularly fond of using it…… :smile:[/FONT]

We agreed a fixed price contract for our building work that included a gas boiler. Although the gas tank connection was not seperately specified it was accepted that it was included in the price of the boiler. However we had the gas tank moved 200m from the house, so ended up paying extra, which was fair as it was an extra unplanned cost. So my opinion would be that if you have agreed for gas to be laid on and the gas tank is close to your house then to charge extra is a bit much.

With regard to the contract we agreed a one year deal - don't know about fixed price/term. Mind you we chose a reputable gas supply company who had a good reputation for fair pricing as the thought of switching suppliers and having them take their gas tank out is not something we really want to contemplate.

Thanks for the info I will challenge my plumber about this and see what response I get and will look into requesting a fixed term contract.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Thanks again.[/FONT]

I thought that I had a good price at 0,76/ lt before discount. I've heard of people paying over €1! Can't negotiate mine as it is a piped village supply. Oh well, last bill, €20 so not worth the bother. Water is electric (very cheap) Heating mainly wood. Gas fire occasionally, cooking either with wood or gas.
A friend who rang up to renegotiate their gas supply was told that cheap gas is cheap for a reason. If you pay more you get better gas! Any ideas on that?

yes the gas company is right,they do not pay for nor do the connecting work to the house we had to get our plumber to do this on payment of course...boring..but...

[quote=DavidUno;120322] A friend who rang up to renegotiate their gas supply was told that cheap gas is cheap for a reason. If you pay more you get better gas! Any ideas on that?[/quote]

I'd be very surprised if that was true. My Dad used to work in the petrol industry and admitted that you are just as likely to be getting Shell petrol in a BP station as vice-versa. The only differences are pricing, branding and marketing strategies. The reason? There is a very small number of refineries and pipelines so all retailers, irrespective of their brand, refill their tankers from the same tap; the nearest one.