12304 Fritto Misto or Fish and Chips?

Hi everyone
There is a fritto misto festival in Ascoli Piceno starting today and I've been told that one of the stalls has Fish & Chips from the UK. I'm going along this afternoon to try some of the Fritto Misto and Ill have to try the fish and chips - I'll let you know if they are wrapped up in news paper and smell of the seaside! You can get more infor here [url=http://sibillinifoothills.com/marche-festivals-and-events-fritto-misto]Fritto Misto | Sibillini Foothills[/url] or on the Ascoli site in Italian here [url=http://www.frittomistoallitaliana.it/2009/index.php]Fritto Misto all'Italiana - Rassegna delle più importanti fritture delle tradizioni regionali italiane e del mondo. La frittura è una vera e propria arte[/url]

Category
Eat & Drink

I went to the Fritto Misto last night and I have to say that the Fish and Chips were a great treat for all the family who haven't had fish and chips since they went to the Uk for a holiday last summer. My Dad who has only been visiting for a week went back for a second helping and so did the rest of us.

The fish and chips are made by William Grigg from Ledbury in the Uk and they came out freshly cooked and piping hot and not dripping in grease. The fish was lovely and moist and not dry like it can be when it's been overcooked. The chips weren't what I would call proper chips from my old local chip shop back in the UK but they were very tasty and got a thumbs up from my boys. I might have to go back tonight to get some more :-)

The [I]Ticket d''ingresso [/I]costs 9 Euros and for this you get 4 food tickets and 1 drinks ticket. The portion for the fish and chips was a good size and quite filling and we sampled fried food from different regions in Italy and from other countries including [I]Frittura di paranza misto[/I] and [I]Olive ascolane e Cremin[/I]i from Le Marche, [I]Falafel [/I]from Morocco, [I]Involtini primavera[/I], [I]Gameri coda di fenice[/I] & [I]Gelato Fritto[/I] from China, [I]Formaggio Fritto[/I] from Abruzzo and for dessert we shared [I]Krapfen [/I]and [I]Strauben [/I]from Alto Adige. All of this was washed down with a few glasses (plastic) of wine.

All in all it was an interesting evening out and the kids enjoyed going round the stalls and choosing which food to try. It was also a very good deal as 4 tickets (36 Euros) was enough for 4 adults and two kids.

Just back from a fantastic evening in Ascoli, very grateful to you Kevan as that Festa would have passed us by without your thread :yes:

Given the amount of fried food that we have tried tonight we probably will qualify for some insults on the fat tax thread by this time tomorrow!

Did you try the Spring rolls???

Great atmosphere and very good wine!:smile:

On the flipside we are dun batterin' for a long long time - Will not be able to look a pancake in the eye till at least tuesday :bigergrin:

Moxie (and him)

A quick remedy:
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 glass water
the juice of 1/2 lemon
Allow to dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in tepid water. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then add the lemon juice.
Stir and drink.
You can repeat the treatment as many times as needed, It all depends on the amount of fried food you ate.
Another great help: artichoke hearts. Eat as many as you can.

I also went. I ate fish and chips x2; fried rabbit, fiore del zucchini; falafel and some Morrocan fried fish; Some fried ring sort of doughnut mixture; fried apple and fried plum. The plum was a bit odd but everything else was delicious. The atmosphere was wonderful. Very relaxed. Huge queues but no pushing in or arguing. The biggest crowds were for Panzarotti and the fried battered rabbit.
Anybody thinking about going...go.
Thanks Kevan for the tip.:smile: