12331 Break the Pot or Kill the Plant

I have a particulary nice plant plot, which contains a particulary nice plant (fir tree from the Baltics, has sentimental value). [IMG]http://www.italymagazine.com/forums/members/persephone-albums-abruzzo-earthquake-fundraiser-picture747-pig-plant.jpg[/IMG] I cannot get the darn thing out of the pot (it's rounded shape you see). Yes, I have soaked it, yes, I have run a knife around it, yes, I have shaken it until my head is spinning. But will it come out, NO. What would you do? Break the pot and save the plant? Or kill the plant and save the pot? Leave the pig out of this :bigergrin:.

Category
Gardening & Agriculture

Why d'ya need to do either? Leave the plant in its pot - and set the pig free!

Pigs need freedom too. I'll start a campaign.

FREE PERCYS PIG!! :bigergrin:

PS How did you escape from the cantina?

The rat led the way.

By the way, I have finished cataloguing your dusty collection of Mills & Boon, while you have been ‘busy’[FONT=Times New Roman].[/FONT]

Thank you for your gardening advice.

O.K...... this is what you do.
Take tree & pot out into yard, rig up hose pipe, squirt water at soil in pot whilst teasing soil with fingers(hhmmmmmm) until enough bulk of soil has been washed off roots to allow extraction from pot. Simple.
Sprat & Pilch

Hellooooo!

(and him) says you can keep both if you put a hose pipe in and wash all the earth away leaving your lovely tree with just it's roots and pot intact :yes:

He said lay it on it's side first and move the pig or he'll get muddy - I wasn't gonna mention the pig but you know what men are like ...always wid da pig...

Moxie

Uh -oh the fishies beat us to the post - great minds think alike

I had a similar problem a long time ago as the plant had grown roots which were stuck to the sides of the pot. It takes lots of patience, watering and a sharp knife. Don't pull the plant from the stem, that will not help and it will damage the plant. Do all this process on a rainy day or at night not to expose the roots to the sunlight.
Pray for a miracle.
Good luck!

There are very few problems horticultural and otherwise that cannot be solved with the judicious use of high explosive. :yes:

Just give it a long enough fuse for the pig to have it away on its trotters first.

I don't know why you are all so concerned about the pig. As far as I can make out Rigor Mortar has already set in.:laughs:

Try telling the concrete pig that there are little concrete truffles buried in the pot. The little snorker will have your bush out in no time. Failing that, I think Oneto15's option could be worth pursuing, particularly if you have any other landscaping projects you could link the explosion in to.

Good luck

Careful with the pig. Is he Mexican by any chance? He could be the missing link in the H1N1 outbreak.

[quote=Gala Placidia;119546]Careful with the pig. Is he Mexican by any chance? He could be the missing link in the H1N1 outbreak.[/quote]

Gala - shouldn't that be the missing Pink?