12255 TV question from a 'Dork'

This is for you techies out there,,,

I receive UK television via 2 Italian digiboxes (free to air?) aimed at the Astr 2D satellite. It works fine - apart from losing a couple of channels when there are storms.

Before I purchased this I was shelling out (I seem to remember) €29pm for the honour of receiving a limited Skye service. I cancelled my contract with them - after a lot of hassle (what's new) and waited for them to send for, or avise me about their receiver and card. They never have done so. I only recieved confirmation that my contract was cancelled. So I enquired about it at a local TV shop that is a Skye representative. He told me that they don't bother to collect old, out of date models, though it would still work if I was a customer.

OK - after all this 'pre-amble' here's the question (someone - who '[I]knows everything[/I]' told me I could do this :rollingeyes: - you know what I mean...).

Can I use my Skye box as [U][I]another[/I][/U] free to air/digibox on a TV I have in my bedroom? I had my satellite dish and ordinary TV aerial wired into the lounge, kitchen and bedrooms and both have a digibox. The 'dish' is tuned into Astra2D so they can be watched on separate channels at the same time if required.

So - [U]will/can[/U] my Skye box work for me as an extra 'free to air' receiver?

It's over to you techies! :notworthy:

Simples....

Category
General chat about Italy

Carol,

The Sky box will work but it will still have all the sky channels displayed and you wont be able to access them.

There are channels (free to air) which sky are not allowed to block so you will be able to access these.

There is nothing sinister here, just plug it in and it will work.

Andy

[quote=widow twanky;118240]Carol,

The Sky box will work but it will still have all the sky channels displayed and you wont be able to access them.

There are channels (free to air) which sky are not allowed to block so you will be able to access these.

There is nothing sinister here, just plug it in and it will work.

Andy[/quote]

[B]YIPPEE!!![/B]:Dancing_biggrin:

Thank you so much. :notworthy:
But will I need to put the card in?

[quote=Carole B;118243][B]YIPPEE!!![/B]:Dancing_biggrin:

Thank you so much. :notworthy:
But will I need to put the card in?[/quote]

No, the card is only to unlock the paid for channels

Andy