12332 Just 2ks over the limit! Blimey!!!!

I received today a speeding ticket/document from Europcar for [U]going 2ks, yes just two kilometres, over the 90k speed limit[/U]. I was caught on a camera. I have been charged 40Euros on my credit card.

2ks!!!!! I didn't even think the speedomoter would register 2ks!!

My next visit to Italy I will certainly be travelling at snails pace.

Judging by the speed I see most cars travelling I bet Italy is raking in the dosh on speeding fines - even on 2ks..
Maralyn

Category
General chat about Italy

[quote=Maralyn;119521]I received today a speeding ticket/document from Europcar for [U]going 2ks, yes just two kilometres, over the 90k speed limit[/U]. I was caught on a camera. I have been charged 40Euros on my credit card.

2ks!!!!! I didn't even think the speedomoter would register 2ks!!

My next visit to Italy I will certainly be travelling at snails pace.

Judging by the speed I see most cars travelling I bet Italy is raking in the dosh on speeding fines - even on 2ks..
Maralyn[/quote]

Maralyn.

You could always try writing to the Hire Co and blame them for the inaccurate speedometer ... make a song and dance about poor maintenance etc, you never know your luck......

I think you'll find that is just what EuropeCar charge you to hand over your details to the cops. There is an entire and recent thread devoted to this kicking about somewhere...

5) Car rental agencies are obliged to and always do provide the traffic authorities with the name and address of the individual who rented the offending car. They charge the credit card of the renter a significant amount of money for doing this - sums ranging from 16 up to 50 euros have been mentioned. Many tourists who see this charge against their cards assume that it is payment of the fine itself, but in fact it is only the administrative charge from the car rental company. Note that this fee might be listed in two parts - the charge and the sales tax (IVA, 20%). Don't mistake the IVA for the admin fee and the admin fee for the fine. The reason the rental agencies now have the right to collect this fee is because such a high charge for identifying motorists made it uneconomic for the municipalities to pursue them when it was the municipalities that had to pay the fee.

[url]http://www.bella-toscana.com/traffic_violations_italy.htm[/url]

Hi maralyn,
So sorry to hear about your fine for a poultry 2 kilometers over the 90 limit, I had exactly the same fine for exactly the same speed,(92 in a 90 zone),on the s/strada in Cassino about 4 months ago, so i seems its not uncommon.

[quote=castelforte;119553]Hi maralyn,
So sorry to hear about your fine for a poultry 2 kilometers over the 90 limit[/quote]
That is one fast chicken.

[I]Originally Posted by castelforte
Hi maralyn,
So sorry to hear about your fine for a poultry 2 kilometers over the 90 limit

That is one fast chicken.[/I]

LOLOL

I got my speeding ticket for the same road - mine was on the Cassino to Sora road but still the same superstrada.

Now the fact you got 92 on a 90 limit the same as me, I wonder if this is a coincidence or a con? There weren't any cameras until autumn last year and suddenly when I was there at Xmas, there they were!
Maralyn