12350 Help from the forum: Edinburgh/Umbria

A question for Forum members.

I have an Italian actor friend who will be appearing at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, pretty well for the whole month of August. He wondered if anyone living in Edinburgh would be interested in a house swap, wanting to escape from the Festival crowds and how he would go about it. I know about some house swap websites but as it's a one off I thought that I'd ask the forum their advice as to where to post a message, maybe place a classified or how you'd recommend going about it.
My friend Mario and his wife live in a lovely hilltop house with a few geese, between Gubbio and Perugia and if he can swing it, he'd prefer something within walking distance of the historic centre of Edinburgh.

all the best
Christine

Category
General chat about Italy

Another point of contact might be via British Equity or their Scottish branch. A Scottish actor might really fancy swapping with an Italian actor. My husband is an actor; I'll check with him about contacts to explore and let you know what he suggests.

Thanks Licciana,

Mario works very closely with the Nobel Prize winner Dario Fo and will be presenting a translation he has done himself of one of Dario's one handers at the festival. Your advice is excellent I will pass it on and anything further you can find out would be fantastic. Mario is such a dear, it would be great to help him.