12476 Well done im! Respect!

Don't know if you've seen the June edition of IM yet but all credit to Peter Shaw:yes::yes:.

In his editorial he says 'Shortly after the earthquake, a group of forum members on our website asked us to organise an Italy Magazine Appeal for donations to help alleviate the suffering in the region'.

He goes on to say 'The speed and generosity shown by our forum members ......'

I hope you'll all agree that, instead of taking the credit themselves, IM have clearly identified where the initiative and generosity came from.

I think we/you should all be very proud:yes::yes: .

Category
General chat about Italy

Did the item also [U][I]name[/I][/U] the one person who really lead the way, and then badgered us all into action to such an extent that various 'secondary initiatives' were also begun which added to the overall figure ?

'juliancoll' really deserves a mention for her hard work and (continuing) dedication on keeping us all totally focussed on the main aim... MONEY FOR THE VICTIMS! Everything else was put aside during those dark days for Abruzzo and the Abruzzese!

I am well aware that JC is not the most popular of people around here - but I'll tell you one thing - for free. NO ONE has a bigger, kinder heart when it comes to helping people who are down on their luck! You can't take that away from her.

But she aint the most unpopular either!

[quote=Carole B;121402]Did the item also [U][I]name[/I][/U] the one person who really lead the way, and then badgered us all into action to such an extent that various 'secondary initiatives' were also begun which added to the overall figure ?[/quote]

No single person was named but:
1) [B]We [/B]know who it was and
2) IM did [U]not[/U] try to take the credit:yes:.

PS: who is this Medical Anachronism? Juliancoll - now he's a much nicer person:laughs:.