12287 Thank You Ronald - BUT!

Ronald I'm not going into all the 'ins and outs' that I, and many others, have been talking about just about everywhere else on Italy Mag...

This is a [U][I]sincere plea for your assistance[/I][/U] and is totally pertinent to this thread - begun by Aretina on the 22nd April...

[quote=Aretina;117684]:veryconfused:Am I the only one who is disappointed?

2 1/2 weeks have passed and there appears to have been a deafening silence from the editorial staff/webmasters of Italy Magazine re: any plans to promote/report the forum community Abruzzo earthquake fundraising appeal. Or indeed announce what if anything a magazine dedicated to Italy and all things Italian is going to do. I had, as others have mentioned, thought that the email newsletter would have been an ideal opportunity to do this.

I think that this is the first 'major' incident/earthquake since the magazine started so it would not be inappropriate to express compassion and support.

Perhaps, there's alot going on behind the scenes. Let's hope so![/quote]

As you can see, she said [U]then[/U] that 'time had passed'- well now even more has. For those of us who, in one way or another, have been and are still involved in fund raising for Abruzzo - and might I add - are committed to CONTINUE doing so, the fact that you have not felt any urgency to maintain your promise is indeed a bitter pill to swallow.

[B][I]'Perhaps'[/I][/B] I can understand your reluctance to deal with 'certain other matters' that are semi sentational at the moment, but what I am talking about here is not about discipline, slapped wrists, banning, not banning, deleting, moving etc.etc.

No, not at all... I'm talking about a bunch of people who [B]CARE DESPERATELY [/B]about all those earthquake victims and who could really, [B]REALLY[/B] do with the helping hand from you that you promised us - 'like now man'!.

With the fund raising threads spead around in various places it is nigh on impossible to keep the momentum going...either from the organisers OR the participants. In a nutshell (which has never really been my way of expressing myself) what we need is:

[CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]THE SUB FORUM YOU PROMISED US![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[LEFT][COLOR=Black]Come on Ronnie - even [I]you[/I] said it would be easy to set up - so why the continuing [/COLOR]procrastination? [B]J[U]ust for once [I]please[/I] try and respond in a timely manner to what is now an URGENT request![/U][/B]

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]N:B: Copied to Ronnie in a PM as well![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Category
Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements & Queries - No Longer Applicable

[FONT=Century Gothic]Yes, that is a great suggestion. A dedicated earthquake sub-forum would certainly stop me getting lost! I often read a post somewhere and then I cannot find it again. More to do with the odd senior moment perhaps!:reallyembarrassed:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />[/FONT]

Oh Carole, have you no compassion? Don't you know Ronni is very ill with a terrible case of Man Flu? :bigergrin:

Perhaps the Admin may have doubts about starting a sub-forum only dedicated to the Abruzzo earthquake, but what about a "Solidarity" sub-forum where we could concentrate all threads related to helping others?

I think Gala idea is a great one - that way if there were (god forbid) another incident (of whatever type) in another region threads could easily be set up.

Chris