12384 Internet Cafes and Gluten free Bread

Hi Everybody,

Does anybody know where the nearest internet cafe is to Monte San Martino? I need to check in online a number of people :confused:with Ryanair after an extended stay and I don't have an internet connection at my house. I also have a guest coming who needs a gluten free diet so if anybody can recommend a good baker who has gluten free bread near Monte San Martino, I would be extremely grateful.

Category
Le Marche

There is an internet terminal in Amandola in what I think it the betting shop. Only one terminal (& when I went it was occupied for 2 hours by the same person - no real system of booking either although as we had told it would be free in half an hour and it wasn't the person was turfed off). It was pretty cheap as I remember.

Can't help at the moment with gluten free bread but will ask a friend who in AMnadola who does catering.

Chris

There is an internet cafe / phone office in Porto San Giorgio appears to have several terminals. It is in a side street off of the main square if you turn at the traffic lights into the main square going towards the railway station it is in the 3rd or 4th street on your right.

In Italy those that have to be on a Gluten Free Diet are allowed 90 euros a month to spend at the Chemist on food stuffs. (That isn't the case in the UK so one up for Italia). So I would check out what the Farmacia has to say re bread.

There is a very old and helpful thread on gluten free diets in Italy, somewhere buried in the forum. I leave it to those more experienced than I to link to it. For the bread I would suggest they bring their own, very expensive to buy in the farmacias. But a good source of gluten free foods can be found in most larger supermarkets here, there is rice pasta, rice icecream, and lots of rice based crackers and biscuits,and soya based products, and not so far from Monte San Martino is Servigliano, with its health food shop in the old square, I am sure some forum members who live closer to Amandola might also be able to advise. on where products could be bought.
A

I am rushing through the posts ...(Ben tornati A&R...) Gluten free must, I think, mean that maze flour, chestnut flour, chickpea and potato flour can be eaten, and I have certainly seen maze flour pasta?

Cereals and flours that are naturally gluten free:
Rice flour, Tapioca flour, Potato flour, Cornflour, Ground cornmeal (polenta), Soya flour, Gram flour/chickpea flour, Chestnut flour, Buckwheat flour, Lotus root flour, Carob flour, Millet flour, Quinoa flour, Sorghum,Arrowroot, Linseed, Sago, Teff......
And an excellent book called Healthy Gluten-free Eating by Darina Allen and Rosemary Kearney is published by Kyle Cathie Limited.
A

There is a good internet cafe at Piane di falarone... its called somethig like Migama show.... we used it often before we got the internet, it was around 2 euros for 1/2 an hour and is closed on Mondays.

Jan and Tim

Thanks for all the info. I have found lots of gluten free products in one of the larger supermarkets in Ancona so we will stock up on a few on our way from the airport. A local supply of fresh bread is what I realy need but I can check out a couple of local farmacias for ideas - I hadn't thought of that. I'm not suprised that the italian government supplement the cost of a gluten free diet - the supplies that I have found are much more expensive than the normal products and it can be quite difficult to devise an italian-type diet without using products that would ordinarily contain gluten - bread, pasta, pizza, pastries, cakes, not to mention many sauces. Fortunately, one of the local restaurants will cater with notice so that will be a welcome break.

Does anybody from the area have any more info on the location of the internet cafe at Piane di Falerone? I pass that way quite a bit when I am in Le Marche so it would be really convenient to stop by when I need to.

Thanks all.

[FONT=Century Gothic]Thanks everyone :bigergrin: I follow a gluten free diet. I have found a small selection in the local supermarket but no bread. I always bring my own when we are in Pigna. We found a restaurant in Dolceacqua that serve gluten free pizzas [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a013.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

Coming from Amandola on th 210....after servigliano you cross the bridge by the gravel company, there is a restaurant on the right you are then approaching the bend in the road, as the road bends to the right the cafe is set back on the left, its a cafe, internet point and has games machines.... Staff are very helpful and the female assistant speaks perfect English...... hope this helps
Jan and Tim

PS I forgot to say you can also use your own laptop as the cafe is wireless.Just buy your time ticket and you can sit outside in your car at any time, it worked perfectly most of the time just he odd blip which the staff put down to weather coditions !!

Thanks , I know where you mean but hadn't noticed this before.:smile: