12386 Lawyer client confidentiality?

In Italian law, is there an assumption of confidentiality between client and lawyer? Or would this have to be especially written in to the contract?

If you found out that your lawyer was discussing your contract with a third party what would be your redress?

Category
Legal

Nielo posses an interesting question that perhaps the "tame and trusted" law firm that are Forum members will answer. In the meantime, whilst studying Law at the Coolege of Law in London, in the 1990's our son was constantly being told ...the law is da di da..etc etc...throughout Europe but NOT in Italy. There were so many..Not in Italy examples, that he was alarmed when we said we were going to live there!

[quote=juliancoll;120212]Have the Lawyer disbarred.[/quote]

Rather an appropriate 'last post' :bigergrin: What did she do this time?

[quote=Nielo;120210]In Italian law, is there an assumption of confidentiality between client and lawyer? Or would this have to be especially written in to the contract?

If you found out that your lawyer was discussing your contract with a third party what would be your redress?[/quote]

I think the answer to your question is that the lawyer is breaking confidentiality only if he discusses aspects of the contract (the price, payment terms etc.) with someone else. On the other hand, the lawyer is free express his opinion and say his client's product is rubbish, if that's what he (or she) believes. They may choose not to employ him again, but he's not breaking any professional rules.

I think she had JC's account "deactivated"??? What did I miss whilst working as a "scrubber extra-ordinair" these past few days?

Marc has just said JC banned for 2 days. Refer to that thread.

[quote=Marc;120224]I think the answer to your question is that the lawyer is breaking confidentiality only if he discusses aspects of the contract (the price, payment terms etc.) with someone else. On the other hand, the lawyer is free express his opinion and say his client's product is rubbish, if that's what he (or she) believes. They may choose not to employ him again, but he's not breaking any professional rules.[/quote]

I take your point Marc, so if the lawyer discussed details of the contract, like the names of the clients and details of the product that would be different to just voicing his opinion, wouldn’t it? :veryconfused: